• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Pictures are required in all ads, and all pictures should contain a note with the persons username. That'll cut down a fair amount.

Username and date posted would be perfect.
Yeap, I agree with these two. We could take a page out of the long range hunting forum and require people to post pictures, with their username and a date or location or something writing in the picture as well. Not photoshopped, just written on a post it or something. It’s simple enough anyone here can do it, and I’ve yet to see a scammer post pictures of their own guns, so it should be much much easier to vet.
Give people one warning, after that start deleting their listings for not following rules.

RLSanders

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kind of related …..some scammers use the “must have a minimum number of posts required to purchase” as a way to scam buyers in auctions. Guy lists something. Says buyers with no feedback need to move on. You bid on his item. He uses a fake account with no feedback to outbid you. Then he cancels their bid because they broke a “rule.” Then you’re the high bidder again, but the seller now knows your max amount. He can then use a different account to bid right up to your max but with you winning. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Kind of related …..some scammers use the “must have a minimum number of posts required to purchase” as a way to scam buyers in auctions. Guy lists something. Says buyers with no feedback need to move on. You bid on his item. He uses a fake account with no feedback to outbid you. Then he cancels their bid because they broke a “rule.” Then you’re the high bidder again, but the seller now knows your max amount. He can then use a different account to bid right up to your max but with you winning. Hopefully that makes sense.

For every hour honest people spend sleeping, some SOAB stays awake 2 hours trying to figure out the best way to steal from them.

That’s the sense I get from all this sh*t.

Sonsabitches.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Is there a way to add something to the server that only allows members with a certain post count, or only members who participated regularly to even see the classifieds? I’m not a computer guy. I’m certainly not tech savvy. But that may help.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
We have a member that received a pm saying that he could get a discount on his yearly membership if he clicked on a link. Has anyone else gotten that pm?
Edit- it looks like an automated message. I’m checking with support to see for sure.

Last edited:

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Limit new accounts (<30 days old) from posting in classifieds.
Require price (or trade value) and photos or ad is deleted.
For users with less than 5 positive feedback require username, and date written down on something next to all items. Example: I post a Glock 19, in the picture next to the Glock I have a Post it note with my username and todays date written on it.
Require people to reply "PM'd" in the thread before sending a PM about an item.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have a member that received a pm saying that he could get a discount on his yearly membership if he clicked on a link. Has anyone else gotten that pm?
Edit- it looks like an automated message. I’m checking with support to see for sure.
I got one on 1-28-22. Says it's from Support Dev. :anyone:

Want me to send it to ya?
___

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
4782FB69-7057-4A5F-B8DF-3710C52DBD9A.png

yeah, the site wants my money to help support since I let mine expire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom