• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think common sense is a HUGE factor here. DO NOT EVER pay for something before it is in your hands and you have inspected the item that it meets your satisfaction. Meet at a place where you feel comfortable, NEVER at an apartment complex, preferably somewhere with lots of cameras. Also, record your contact info and let family/friends know who you are meeting. Someone that is trustworthy should not have an issue handing out personal info.
I also don't deal with new members... Sorry, but that's my rule.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I think common sense is a HUGE factor here. DO NOT EVER pay for something before it is in your hands and you have inspected the item that it meets your satisfaction. Meet at a place where you feel comfortable, NEVER at an apartment complex, preferably somewhere with lots of cameras. Also, record your contact info and let family/friends know who you are meeting. Someone that is trustworthy should not have an issue handing out personal info.
I also don't deal with new members... Sorry, but that's my rule.
With all due respect, how do you advise /welcome new members to become involved in the purchasing/selling & trading aspects of this site ?
I'm relatively new here, and have have met great people, had good experiences.
I think I've used common sense ( see my earlier reply) setting up meetings. But this wouldn't have happened if everyone followed your policy of not dealing with new members.
Just asking

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
With all due respect, how do you advise /welcome new members to become involved in the purchasing/selling & trading aspects of this site ?
I think I've used common sense ( see my earlier reply) setting up meetings. But this wouldn't have happened if everyone followed your policy of not dealing with new members.
Just asking
Like I said, just my rule... I'm one of those members that think that a new member should spend some time/participate on the forum before being allowed to sell. It's not a guarantee that a person wouldn't scam, but most scammers don't want to wait and spend the time necessary to sell.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just asking
Neither you or the member you're replying to were here when we used the minimum post method to be able to use the classifieds. The classifieds activity was about a tenth of what it is now, and OSA a whole was gun community forum. Now it's about 50% gun community forum and 50% classifieds with the majority of the classifieds "sellers" rarely if ever participating outside of the classifieds. Classifieds brings in new users and site traffic but also the scammers. Not dealing with new users is the best way to prevent getting scammed. Sucks for those actually wanting to be involved with osa and trying to legitimately sell something though. Anything I see in the classifieds that I'm interested in, I click on the username, look at the membership date and if it's less than 3y old, I don't even consider it.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Neither you or the member you're replying to were here when we used the minimum post method to be able to use the classifieds. The classifieds activity was about a tenth of what it is now, and OSA a whole was gun community forum. Now it's about 50% gun community forum and 50% classifieds with the majority of the classifieds "sellers" rarely if ever participating outside of the classifieds. Classifieds brings in new users and site traffic but also the scammers. Not dealing with new users is the best way to prevent getting scammed. Sucks for those actually wanting to be involved with osa and trying to legitimately sell something though. Anything I see in the classifieds that I'm interested in, I click on the username, look at the membership date and if it's less than 3y old, I don't even consider iti

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
But to people like me, I'm not a paragraph kinda guy lol
There is a difference between people of few words and people adding post count............When people of few words talk everyone is like "yes,what he/she said",
when the other type talks its like " well alrighty then".

:cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom