• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I will also add a note that I’ve had 2 experiences in the last few weeks where I had put my cell number and was asked by phone I would meet at the buyer at x location (Apartment complex both times) for a higher price than listed. So just keep your wits about y’all, and if you ever feel like you need a buddy for security get in touch with one of the other Okshooters guys (and gals) you know to go with you for safety👍
Had a kid, yes a kid like 15 years old and his 2 buddies try set me up and steal a Desert Eagle I had listed(Armslist). Luckily I had my wits about me and seen the situation for what it was.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
In over a half century I have failed to establish any legitimacy. I’m not holding my breath for beatification now. I’ve met several folks through here for deals of one sort or another. Everyone has been good folks who all probably go away wishing I would just STFU and leave.
:blahblah:
I know how you feel. I am socially awkward to begin with soooo meeting new people is always an experience to say the least.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I know how you feel. I am socially awkward to begin with soooo meeting new people is always an experience to say the least.
There’s an old Celtic word “Craich” which is pronounced “crack” and it means a meandering conversation. I’m told that’s where the term Cracker in reference to the traditional Suthroner came from. Since Ol Dixie was settled by predominantly Scotch stock I suppose I come by it honestly. When it’s time to work I like to get it knocked out so I have more time for a good honest bullshootin session. My wife quit listening a while back so I’m left to corner the
unsuspecting.

:pms2:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There’s an old Celtic word “Craich” which is pronounced “crack” and it means a meandering conversation. I’m told that’s where the term Cracker in reference to the traditional Suthroner came from.
According to Thomas Sowell, "cracker" comes from "wisecracker," which was originally a term applied to people from a particular (rural) area of England. Apparently, they were noted for "cracking wise," and that term followed them from England to the southern colonies where they settled. Given that the current Irish usage of "craich" means "fun" (e.g, if you do something "for the craich," you do it for fun), I wouldn't doubt that craich and wisecracker are related.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Been burned a few times. Had a guy call me a scammer when he didn't end up responding to my text...... It gets old but my general rule of thumb now is I don't deal with people who don't have any rep on their profiles.
I've been called worse, like the N word when I'm quite white.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
In over a half century I have failed to establish any legitimacy. I’m not holding my breath for beatification now. I’ve met several folks through here for deals of one sort or another. Everyone has been good folks who all probably go away wishing I would just STFU and leave.
:blahblah:
Nah, it's called freedom of speech.

Latest posts

Top Bottom