• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I will also add a note that I’ve had 2 experiences in the last few weeks where I had put my cell number and was asked by phone I would meet at the buyer at x location (Apartment complex both times) for a higher price than listed. So just keep your wits about y’all, and if you ever feel like you need a buddy for security get in touch with one of the other Okshooters guys (and gals) you know to go with you for safety👍
yep, plenty of good folks handy in your area. I know I got a slew around yukon/surrey. But ladies and gents, if a deal is sketchy, aint no gun or gear that is worth any drama or worse. NONE. Me and the boys are typically around here somewhere. Momma is strapped too and is a realtor so makes her own schedule for any ladies needing a ride along with them.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The scammers are adaptable and innovative. I don’t know that there is a foolproof way of avoiding them.

I’ve had one bad experience with a member on this board and I got burned on a deal because I shipped the product. Never again.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   1
No need to change the site imo.

same rules apply for anything: try to determine if other party has previous history, if new use your best judgement when communicating, when meeting up, if you feel sketchy do a cruise by, ALWAYS meet in daylight, public place, very busy.

you can get scammed buying anything these days, just how it is. hell how it's always been.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I've seen a few people posting strings of one liner comments on memes etc over the last few months. Appear to me as building the post count for no reason other than trying to fake some legitimacy.
Those guys are definitely on the watch list!! Had to boot one just a couple weeks ago with a bunch of one or two word comments...........

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
yep, plenty of good folks handy in your area. I know I got a slew around yukon/surrey. But ladies and gents, if a deal is sketchy, aint no gun or gear that is worth any drama or worse. NONE. Me and the boys are typically around here somewhere. Momma is strapped too and is a realtor so makes her own schedule for any ladies needing a ride along with them.
Yup, same here and I’m almost always free during normal lunch hours and evenings during the week👍

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Those guys are definitely on the watch list!! Had to boot one just a couple weeks ago with a bunch of one or two word comments...........
This is what we will get if a minimum post count (in order to sell in the classifieds) is instituted. Seen it before on another gun forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom