• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Valued members, we are having a hard time keeping the spammers, scammers and con artists in check. If any one of you even sniff a little stench let the mod group know ASAP. Folks at this point I/we/mods would say unless you know the person or it is a known reputable business we suggest keeping all transactions to a "face to face " cash only basis. It is only a suggestion but buyer beware, we are being hammered constantly by these dirtbags.

We do not want to limit legit new contributing members with post counts but if any of you folks with some ideas on how we can help discourage these jokers please chime in.

JEFFBIGWOOD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Lots of issues on sniper hide too. That did enable two factor authentication to help with stolen accounts. Not sure if that’s an option on here?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Valued members, we are having a hard time keeping the spammers, scammers and con artists in check. If any one of you even sniff a little stench let the mod group know ASAP. Folks at this point I/we/mods would say unless you know the person or it is a known reputable business we suggest keeping all transactions to a "face to face " cash only basis. It is only a suggestion but buyer beware, we are being hammered constantly by these dirtbags.

We do not want to limit legit new contributing members with post counts but if any of you folks with some ideas on how we can help discourage these jokers please chime in.
Are any of them identifying themselves in the new member section before scamming?

I wonder about these Commiefornia transplants with one post and no replies to their welcoming to the site from our members. Granted, some are for real but I see a lot are one and done. It makes me want a mandatory introduction with a Q and A.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Are any of them identifying themselves in the new member section before scamming?

I wonder about these Commiefornia transplants with one post and no replies to their welcoming to the site from our members. Granted, some are for real but I see a lot are one and done. It makes me want a mandatory introduction with a Q and A.
They are trying every trick in the book...and a few new ones.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If they are known scammers they are gone.

And yes some scammers have been welcomed by many in the new member introduction thread, but that just happens because we are so nice here.

Okies are known for being kind for the most part and unfortunately that draws scammers that are trying to take advantage of the good folks here.

Buyer beware!

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If they are known scammers they are gone.

And yes some scammers have been welcomed by many in the new member introduction thread, but that just happens because we are so nice here.

Okies are known for being kind for the most part and unfortunately that draws scammers that are trying to take advantage of the good folks here.

Buyer beware!
Anytime there’s money or valuable items changing hands, especially through an online forum open to the public, the scammers, spammers, and fake profiles are sure to follow. Just pay attention and learn to spot the red flags. And as established members with visible feedback ratings, keep it all on your terms. New members/sellers/potential buyers have to earn trust just like anyone else who has an online business or that sells anything through eBay or Amazon. There’s no way to truly get rid of them, but you can make them ineffective.

Glenee

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the Best is still the No Cash, No object rule. If you can't physically see it don't issue any funds in any form. And let me clarify see it. I am not talking about a picture,or it's right over here, I am talking about you actually looking at what you want to purchase. This is not EBAY or Amazon where you have some protection and never accept a case or box. Just physically see it before you buy it. Also as mentioned several times in all forums this needs to take place at a public place and a reasonable hour.
This is not the fix all but it gives you a starting place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom