• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Valued members, we are having a hard time keeping the spammers, scammers and con artists in check. If any one of you even sniff a little stench let the mod group know ASAP. Folks at this point I/we/mods would say unless you know the person or it is a known reputable business we suggest keeping all transactions to a "face to face " cash only basis. It is only a suggestion but buyer beware, we are being hammered constantly by these dirtbags.

We do not want to limit legit new contributing members with post counts but if any of you folks with some ideas on how we can help discourage these jokers please chime in.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
How about a list of known scammers, locations, and identifiers?

Are all of these just advertising in the classified section? Do all have a onsey or twosey post count?

Do the photos look stock? There are several sites where you can do a photo reverse search. Tineye.com is my goto.

A few sites I know are for professional trades and require a personal profile to be filled out before posting.

One forum I was trying to get on was a juried site. It was a Chevy truck site. They had to put your profile through a board in order to post. It took over two weeks to get my OK email.

McClura

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Valued members, we are having a hard time keeping the spammers, scammers and con artists in check. If any one of you even sniff a little stench let the mod group know ASAP. Folks at this point I/we/mods would say unless you know the person or it is a known reputable business we suggest keeping all transactions to a "face to face " cash only basis. It is only a suggestion but buyer beware, we are being hammered constantly by these dirtbags.

We do not want to limit legit new contributing members with post counts but if any of you folks with some ideas on how we can help discourage these jokers please chime in.
I have an add-Want to Buy- 10mm, open site I posted on 3-1-22. I just had someone, VVIPER, send me a PM, saying he wants me to get in touch with him. Here is the private message he sent-
Hey man, I saw your wtb ads, I have one I’m willing to part with. You can reach out to me on [email protected] and here is my cellphone number(470) 665-7421. Thank you.
He has no posts and his profile says he is in Florida. This might be one of the scammers.

McClura
Joined 7-9-17

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have an add-Want to Buy- 10mm, open site I posted on 3-1-22. I just had someone, VVIPER, send me a PM, saying he wants me to get in touch with him. Here is the private message he sent-
Hey man, I saw your wtb ads, I have one I’m willing to part with. You can reach out to me on [email protected] and here is my cellphone number(470) 665-7421. Thank you.
He has no posts and his profile says he is in Florida. This might be one of the scammers.

McClura
Joined 7-9-17
Thanks for posting this. He is gone now.

This is an example of one that I suspected when they joined and they tried to post a few times to look legit before trying their scam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom