Scariest Bridge you (or almost) ever drove on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a small wood bridge about a block away from me in Faxon on Holiday between Hurst and 82nd. Looks like it was thrown together with wood from an old dilapidated barn. I've gone over it a couple of times, but usually avoid it.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warsaw Swinging Bridge in Warsaw Missouri. It jumped up and down, swayed, and had wooden planking that made a lot of noise. Pretty scary to cross when I was a kid. My uncle said it snapped once and several cars went in the river but a dude in a Volkswagon floated. Sounds like one of his tall tales to scare us more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Bridge_(Warsaw,_Missouri)

Upper Bridge, also known as the Warsaw Swinging Bridge, is a historic cable suspension bridge located at Warsaw, Benton County, Missouri. It originally opened in 1904 and rebuilt in 1928 after a tornado in 1924. It measures 600 feet long, and spans the Osage River. It has a 500-foot span between steel towers.[2]:5

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno if it's still there but there was a swinging bridge in Tishomingo that used to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Gah ...

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, the sunshine skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay is a trip... a hefty climb to the peak, then a practical runaway drop on the otherside. Did it in a 16 passenger van. 10/10, would do again.

Even scarier in 1980. I was living in the St Pete area when the barge hit the bridge and a 1,200 foot section broke loose during morning rush hour traffic. It set off a harmonic vibration which snapped the concrete and steel and fell into the ocean. 35 people died. One guy lived, but that was because his truck fell onto a barge. The rest of the people fell into the water. The section of bridge had rotated 180 degrees and the people hit the water upside down.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bridges never worry me much but tunnels under water scare the hell outta me. Mobile always give me goosebumps.

The tunnel in DelMarVa bridge is a hard pass LOL

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also, Royal Gorge bridge for me as well.

b190_2.jpg

I also rode the gondolas. Scarier than the bridge, actually, cause it was windy.

BannerAd1_RGBP_Gondolas.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom