Scariest Bridge you (or almost) ever drove on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Royal Gorge on my motorcycle and also some steel grated one somewhere in Washington state. I was a fairly new rider when I rode across the Royal Gorge and was scared to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, Royal Gorge bridge for me as well.

b190_2.jpg

I also rode the gondolas. Scarier than the bridge, actually, cause it was windy.

BannerAd1_RGBP_Gondolas.jpg

Nice pictures. I've been on and across the Royal Gorge multiple times, but mostly with walking across. That's the way it should be done...

...then one can feel the board you are standing on move as vehicles drive across it. I was a youngster when I was first on it, but I've been on it several times since in the last 6 years. For about 20 months, we lived at an RV park between Canon City and Colorado Springs. Went to the Royal Gorge a fair bit even then.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the little restaurant/gift shop still there at the first tunnel from the Virginia side?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No, they got rid of it several years ago. I was sad to see it go. They used to give you a coupon for a free Coke when you paid the toll. I used to wonder how travelers felt traveling south on the Delmarva Peninsula from Jersey and N.Y. The price of the toll was $12.00 one-way.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've crossed the Ponchatrain Causeway bridge and it never bothered me really; the Coronado bridge in San Diego was kinda weird if you crossed it while they were moving the center barricades to move the 3/2 lane split the opposite way for evening vs morning traffic; the Calcasieu River bridge in Lake Charles used to get me, pretty good arch, and see thru to boot; but the scariest bridge moments for me had to be a bridge in Honduras that looked like the biggest LUMBER they used was a 2x12, and I'm crossing in a 5 ton Army truck - we had to wait on each truck to get across before next one started on...and number 2 was probably a "delayed reaction" - I had crossed the AR River bridge by Webbers Falls (in a semi!) not long before the barge hit it in 2002 when I was OTR driving, years before I lived in OK...not a good feeling!

Latest posts

Top Bottom