Sccy pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere on the Forum (did a search and cannot find it) that one of the members had one and loved it. I personally have no experience other than the reviews. For the price and for a defensive pistol. I would not hesitate to buy it and shoot the snot out of it. The CPX-2 sounds like a decent defensive carry piece and if not happy, you are out almost nada. I am thinking about getting one to tinker with as well. If I actually do it, I will post the range report for ya.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SCCY pistols have an unusually deep (back strap to front strap) grip which some - yours truly included - find uncomfortable but that's obviously an individual thing. Having said that the one I had functioned fine after a break-in period (~100-200 rds). For the money it is OK. However, with the Shield's recent price drop I'm having trouble finding good reasons to buy a SCCY instead of a S&W.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shield can be had for less after rebate, and I would trust them a lot more. I know two people who both bought them for their carry class. Neither gun could finish the 50 round qual and they had to use loaner guns to finish up....

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never could get on board with the 200 rounds break-in thing. That adds $40-$60 to the purchase price of a 9mm (assuming it works). And possibly more, depending on your break-in ammo.

Just my 2¢ ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never could get on board with the 200 rounds break-in thing. That adds $40-$60 to the purchase price of a 9mm (assuming it works). And possibly more, depending on your break-in ammo.

Just my 2¢ ...
Kahr recommends a 200 round break in. But, they are known for maintaining tight tolerances. I have two, and after the first 100 never had an issue.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Shield can be had for less after rebate, and I would trust them a lot more. I know two people who both bought them for their carry class. Neither gun could finish the 50 round qual and they had to use loaner guns to finish up....

They are OK for the money, but the Shield (with rebate) would be my first choice.
My 2 cents.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I would go with a Shield in 9mm. I just got mine from Palmetto State Amory when they ran a special at $319.99. With the transfer fee and rebate, I am at $254.99.

Latest posts

Top Bottom