SCCY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess with the used pistol market currently being kind of a nightmare that's a pretty fair point. Buy a used Glock ain't exactly the deal it was a year ago.

I may catch flak for saying this. But if your budget is tight, get a Hi-Point C9. Yes they are ugly, yes they are a brick, but they do go bang, are reasonably accurate, and do have a lifetime warranty even if you aren't the original owner.

And yes, I have one. No it's not my primary carry. But it has gone bang every time I've fired it. (And is actually not unpleasant to shoot.)

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may catch flak for saying this. But if your budget is tight, get a Hi-Point C9. Yes they are ugly, yes they are a brick, but they do go bang, are reasonably accurate, and do have a lifetime warranty even if you aren't the original owner.

And yes, I have one. No it's not my primary carry. But it has gone bang every time I've fired it. (And is actually not unpleasant to shoot.)
I like 'em ok (have a couple), but I don't plan on carrryin' one either... :D

They are a surprisingly soft-shooter.
:drunk2:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My daughters first pistal was a CM380 Hipoint. Other than it being a pita to field strip and clean it has been flawless. It is accurate at SD distance and as @Catt57 says , it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. It has been made into her nightstand gun and she EDC carries something else but she refuses to let that one go.

McClura

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the SCCY's. I have had three at one time. One of the first ones to come out. Then I got one of the second models in 9mm and then one in 380. I have carried in my truck and on buy person the 9mm for about 3 years. I sold the first one I had to a buddy that wanted one to carry in his truck. My friend who is in Law Enforcement and teaches Concealed Carry classes carries one in an ankle holster and his wife carries in a purse or pocket. I mainly use a belly belt under a shirt or jacket. The 9mm shoots great. Never had a hiccup with any ammo. I can't wait to get one of the new DVG-1 which is the latest model. Better Trigger, easier to operate slide and comes with or without optics. All of them are a little heavy but you just have to adapt to a good holster or belly belt to carry. Hell, if you run out of ammo, it would make a good club.
My wife liked shooting it but didn't like the heavy slide spring. I got here a Walther PK380 which has the easy operating slide and shoots great.
Mike

Latest posts

Top Bottom