School me on electric lawn mowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a non driven Dewalt mower. I did about 3 lawns front and back on one charge a few times last summer, but they were all a reasonable height. If I let the weeds get too tall it won’t go nearly as long, but It’s never failed to get at least my place done on one charge, no matter how bad it was. The self propelled version obviously has a shorter battery life. That’s something to think about

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cant remember the name of my Electric mower.. But its green.. I think.. And chewed the hell out of a sprinkler yesterday that I had forgotten about in this flower bed I was dropping back to the ground......... That makes 3 sprinklers i get to rebuild. go me!

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could always get a lawn mower like this.

b88cd1b903b520c29ddb455c8758f760.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After much research I bought an EGO Select Cut XP for my mother's house. I have to say I am extremely impressed with it. It is a 21" cut, 56v, 10aAh self propelled (which can be turned on or off) and it powers through the toughest stuff on her property. It'll mow the front and the back twice before needing a recharge. A little pricey compared to some other brands, but it is a quality piece of equipment. Others might be nice as well, but I don't have any experience with other brands.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got an Ergo and, in spite of loving internal combustion engines, I have to say I'm really impressed. It mows just fine and the battery life is more than sufficient to get the lawn mowed.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having trouble getting our lawn mower to run again and thinking an electric might be the way to go. Wife wants a self propelled.
Do you have one?
Do you like it?
Will they handle a yard with lots of weeds?
What brands do you guys recommend?
@RickN this is a great question, I was extremely skeptical with what I would read. It is really promising to hear all these good reviews on electric mowers. I did buy an electric blower and trimmer when Lowe's was clearing them out. They have both worked well, not as well as my larger IC models. Not that you asked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom