School me on Epoxy flooring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only experience I have with that stuff is in an industrial setting, i.e. a hangar floor. If it's the same stuff I'd say, NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! You have breathing issues already, and I'm thinking you personally would have to be out of that house for a VERY long time!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been in the coatings industry for 37 years and a NACE Level 3 Certified coatings inspector for well over 20 of that, I can assure you, this is a terrible idea.

I’m not going to spend a bunch of time explaining why you shouldn't do this, but if you decide this is the way you want to go, then God Bless, God Speed, and good luck.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go with the vinal snap together strips that are popular right now. Not sure what the correct name for it is but it's really good stuff. We had it put on our kitchen and bath room, looks really nice, is water proof and will hold up to the dogs.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go with the vinal snap together strips that are popular right now. Not sure what the correct name for it is but it's really good stuff. We had it put on our kitchen and bath room, looks really nice, is water proof and will hold up to the dogs.

That is probably out of our price range.

OK we can probably afford the flooring itself, the underlay and some kind of tape recommended with it, but could the wife and I put it down is the question. Neither one of us get up and down so well anymore.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OK we can probably afford the flooring itself, the underlay and some kind of tape recommended with it, but could the wife and I put it down is the question. Neither one of us get up and down so well anymore.

If you can’t afford that, you can’t afford a “properly” installed epoxy floor either. Installing one and installing it properly are two vastly different operations.

That, and epoxy resins are in short supply right now.

And, I’ve seen more epoxy floor coating failures than I have successful installations. They aren’t easy to install properly, and when they fail, there is only one way to fix it, and that is total removal.

Do yourself a favor, don’t install an epoxy floor in your living space.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but it doesn’t seem like you really want “schooling”. It appears you are looking for confirmation on a decision you’ve already made.

Again, good luck, but as a coatings professional, my advice would be don’t. You seem like you’ve got enough issues right now. Why pay for more?

Not my call, it’s yours, but I believe very strongly that you’re making a grievous mistake.

If I had a concrete floor I wanted something done with, and I could afford it, I would have it ground and polished, but I’d never do it in a living space.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Is it possible for one of you to remain standing and pass along the cut flooring to the one who remains sitting on the floor and installs each piece?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom