School me on Travel trailers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that bought a little teardrop camper that was just big enough to sleep in with the kitchen on the outside. He didn't keep it very long before he bought a full-size camping trailer.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What everyone else has said. In addition, take it to an RV park with full hookups and check electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems with everything hooked up. RV’s have a 12 V DC and a 120 V AC electrical system. Make sure you understand the electrical system to properly test everything. I own an RV park, and I’ve seen numerous people buy a brand new RV without hooking it up before they bought it. They bring it out and hook it up only to see water pouring out from under the RV or other major issues. One other thing that I’ve seen more than once is the black holding tank being full of solid waste which sets up like concrete. It basically happens if the owner leaves the gate valve open when hooked up to a sewer system. The black tank has to have water in it to prevent this from happening.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to retrieve a brand new 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. It was free for the asking.
The problem with it was obvious. It had been purchased a day before the owner used a shotgun to his head inside it and it had been sitting on an oil lease road for a week in August. It was crushed.
Do you get my point?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to retrieve a brand new 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. It was free for the asking.
The problem with it was obvious. It had been purchased a day before the owner used a shotgun to his head inside it and it had been sitting on an oil lease road for a week in August. It was crushed.
Do you get my point?
You don’t like cleaning?

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently own 2, one is a old coleman 90's pop up for quick camping trips, second is a 24ft, 4 season for luxury year round camping. If you are getting a steal, there's usually something wrong with it, either way, they always take alot of work to maintain. There will be alot of DIY projects, atleast for me, I did lots of upgrades on the old pop up for primitive camping. It's worth it if you put it to use, we rather spend nights in the woods or campground than hotels. I've too, been thinking for a few years now of building a offroad teardrop. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom