School me / Recommend me a Weapon Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve never had one and I’ve been thinking about getting one for my Glock 19 I’ve recently traded for. Been thinking of dedicating this as my night stand gun and need recommendations for a light. I looked at a few and I don’t know if lasers are necessary? Do they all have a strobe function? I also need to know if I need to upgrade the sights on my 19 to night sights to use the set up more effectively… I’ve had a few glocks with them but I just never actually upgraded them myself so I guess I need some sort of special tool for it right?

Thanks OSA.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a streamlight x300. Think I have 3 or 4 different models or version of them All are really good. Can be had with strobe.

Also like the streamlight tlr7 it's smaller than the x300. The one I have doesn't have strobe, not sure if it's available on that model.

The tlr10 has a built in red lazer, I haven't really messed with it much (was on a glock I traded for).

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, night sights work against a WML, because when you illuminate the room, car, yard, whatever, your sights are silhouetted and you can't see the tritium.

Fiber optic sights gather available light, so they would probably work better on a pistol with a WML. I've never had FO sights, so that may be a lie...I dunno.

As for choices, there are several. I'm running a Streamlight TLR-7A on my M&P 45 M2.0 Compact, simply because I prefer the WML's bezel to be flush with the pistol's muzzle.

They say Olight makes a good one, but I just stick with Streamlight and Surefire.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Actually, night sights work against a WML, because when you illuminate the room, car, yard, whatever, your sights are silhouetted and you can't see the tritium.

Fiber optic sights gather available light, so they would probably work better on a pistol with a WML. I've never had FO sights, so that may be a lie...I dunno.

As for choices, there are several. I'm running a Streamlight TLR-7A on my M&P 45 M2.0 Compact, simply because I prefer the WML's bezel to be flush with the pistol's muzzle.

They say Olight makes a good one, but I just stick with Streamlight and Surefire.

excuse my stupidity but what does WML stand for?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do run any light that requires a CR123A, I also highly recommend Amazon brand batteries. Never let me down, and I use my lights alot.
Amazon Basics 6-Pack Lithium CR123a 3 Volt Battery, 10-Year Shelf Life

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07WTQHK27
Beware! If you buy a Surefire brand light but don't use Surefire brand batteries, and have a battery related issue which requires service, it will void their lifetime repair/replace policy. I don't know about Streamlight's policy. I would assume it is similar...I dunno.

Latest posts

Top Bottom