Schools closing Monday because we might have thunderstorms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Find out in the morning I guess. We were headed to town to get a burger and decided to turn around and go back to the house. Pretty swift current and gravel roads where you can't see the bottom.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA! we had one Saturday I think it was. I was sitting on a tractor talking to my wife on the road that is now flooded and we both felt the vehicles shaking.
4.4 around Jefferson.
Oh. So they've already started. Man, so you guys really are wet up there!

I think I'll quit griping about not being able to mow my lawn now. I'm getting to the point that I think it may never dry out this summer. That's the downside of a ZTR. It leaves ruts if it ain't dry. :grumble:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh. So they've already started. Man, so you guys really are wet up there!

I think I'll quit griping about not being able to mow my lawn now. I'm getting to the point that I think it may never dry out this summer. That's the downside of a ZTR. It leaves ruts if it ain't dry. :grumble:
My Bad Boy ZTR does as well.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how many of us pan the school systems, NWS, etc., for "over reacting", but I bet none of us have said on New Years Eve, " well crap, another year gone by, and I wasn't caught in a shootout at the grocery store. I shouldn't have wasted my time carrying the firearm everyday."

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bit of overreacting, but I'd rather have my kids at home than at school.
I would say a lot of over reacting and showmanship on the newscasters part. My wife is a teacher and I have talked to multiple teachers who thought it was asinine for Tulsa to close yesterday. You think of all the kids at home alone without an adult if there really was a bad situation.

Whats safer? A large building made of concrete that had designed in safe areas? Or a trailer or very old small home with no adult supervision?

Latest posts

Top Bottom