Schumer goes hunting. Too bad it wasn't with Cheney!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sen. Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat with impeccable liberal credentials, is becoming the most fearsome hunter since Elmer Fudd or maybe Dick Cheney.

The Brooklyn resident recently traveled to Nebraska to go on a hunting trip with his colleague and fellow Democrat Ben Nelson, reports Politico.com. At first, the novice hunter needed to understand the basics -- things like a shotgun won't shoot with the safety on, and that hunting dogs aren't there just to hang out, the website says.
^^^ :rollingla
Schumer, the chairman of the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, apparently looked rather Fudd-like in his orange safety vest and matching baseball hat. Politico says he refused to wear hunting boots.

What a pandering fool!

Full article:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/m...their-new-best-friend-chuck-schumer/19292473/

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Schumer is only out for votes. I'll bet he thinks it's ok for "elitests" to be able to hunt and own firearms while the "piss-ants" should be disarmed. POS.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of like John Kerry when he ran against Dubya. He was walking through a field with his finger on the trigger with a photo-op stupid look on his face like he was having a good time.

As much as I don't like this guy or his politics, nor his timing coming up for re-election, He is a little late or naive on his "tax deduction" for donating deer to the homeless.
In Okla or any other state that has a "Hunters Feeding The Hungry" program, it is already tax deductible.
The suggested donation in Okla is $10 for the processor to recover their expenses for packaging expenses. They will accept any amount and give a federal tax exempt receipt for it.
I guess if somebody wanted to really make a statment, you could donate a deer and a couple of grand and get a really good tax deduction.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sen. Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat with impeccable liberal credentials, is becoming the most fearsome hunter since Elmer Fudd or maybe Dick Cheney.

The Brooklyn resident recently traveled to Nebraska to go on a hunting trip with his colleague and fellow Democrat Ben Nelson, reports Politico.com. At first, the novice hunter needed to understand the basics -- things like a shotgun won't shoot with the safety on, and that hunting dogs aren't there just to hang out, the website says.
^^^ :rollingla
Schumer, the chairman of the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, apparently looked rather Fudd-like in his orange safety vest and matching baseball hat. Politico says he refused to wear hunting boots.

What a pandering fool!

Full article:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/m...their-new-best-friend-chuck-schumer/19292473/

I dont know the guys politics obviously he is a liberal and a city boy from Brooklyn. I don't see why the above was written. Someone who is new to hunting would not understand the basics. So he has to be shown at one point we all were taught by someone. Secondly the fudd like statement; I mean if I were quail hunting in Oklahoma during deer gun season wouldnt I LEGALLY have to look like this FUDD in order to hunt. I think in the regulations it states that you have to wear an orange safety vest and an orange cap. So he didnt want to wear hunting boots big deal it is his feet. Finally he is introducing a peice of legislation that helps hunters and processors alike and you guys are ripping him. Maybe his politics are bad I am not sure. What if he enjoyed the hunting trip so much that he becomes an avid outdoorsman. I mean we all are told that in order for our sport to survive we need to introduce more people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean if I were quail hunting in Oklahoma during deer gun season wouldnt I LEGALLY have to look like this FUDD in order to hunt. I think in the regulations it states that you have to wear an orange safety vest and an orange cap.

If you were quail hunting in Ok during deer gun season, you would have to wear either the orange head gear, or the orange vest.
Personally I wear both at all times when quail/pheasant hunting no matter what other season is open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom