Scientists Say “There Is No Climate Emergency”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps, but the leftists will simply say that those 1100 aren't a part of the "97% of scientists" that say it is an emergency.

I'd really like to know by what criteria those in the 97% were polled to get the answer the leftists wanted.
After three state climatologists said their data did not support any such conclusion and were FIRED for it, the number of professional degree meteorologists being paid by government agencies or living on NSF Grants willing to risk losing their living has gone virtually to zero. Retirees like myself and the founder of the weather channel (also retired) openly disagree with it. If I were still working for the government, I would have to have "no comment" to keep my job. I know several senior meteorologists still working for NWS that are doing exactly that.

There is a new group of "scientists" who skip over all the hard math and physics and get bachelor's degrees in "Environmental Science" who comprise the bulk of the 97%.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "No Climate Emergency Scientists" say one thing, the "Climate Emergency Scientists" say another, how do you decide which group is right?

I like to apply a little logic. When they state that "climate change" (read global warming) will lead to massive weather changes, melting of the polar cap ice, and the rising sea levels, I tend to wonder how a 2 to 3 degree rise in global temperatures over 50 to 100 years will be so catastrophic when temperature changes between winter and summer are so much greater in number of degrees.

Plus, with all the major rivers in the world dumping water into the oceans and have been doing so for "who knows how long", why haven't we been seeing massive rises in ocean levels?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is also erosion. Where do you suppose all that dirt that washes away in our streams and rivers goes? The Mississippi Delta gives us a big clue. The dirt goes to the oceans and settles on the bottom. All that displaced water from the bottom of the oceans being raised has to go somewhere. I tend to think the ocean levels rise as the land gets lower from erosion.

Then too, as ice melts, it shrinks in volume and I've never seen that acknowledged by those climate fear mongers, but as it will get colder like in during the repetitious ice ages, the polar caps will increase and the ocean levels will drop which makes all of the blather moot.

Erosion is a one way street. It won't reverse like ice ages can effect ocean levels and polar ice cap volumes. These all-in-the-know climate fear mongers need to figure out a way to dredge the ocean floors and put that dirt back on the land from whence it came. I know one thing though: It'll never get done with electric dredging machines!

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom