Scientists Say “There Is No Climate Emergency”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't take a stand one way or the other. Either could have been God's plan.

But, let me ask a question that is prompted by Dennis' comment. How did fossils of sea creatures end up on mountains that are around 8000 feet (or perhaps even higher) up on the mountain?
Well I assume that area that is now where the Grand Canyon is now was under an ancient sea that hosted prehistoric species. Over time, possibly over a billion years sediment, rocks, volcanic activity piled in layers which can clearly be seen in the rock face. That’s why there are some different species of fossils at the bottom of the canyon than the ones found closer to the rim.
Over time the sea receded. Leaving a landscape that would possibly be eroded over millions of years to for the canyon we see today revealing the different layers of sediment, rocks, including volcanic that we see today. In the course of this, it slowly revealed the fossils we see today. That was the thought when I was a Geology major at OSU when I dropped out to take care of a wife and unexpected baby 28 years ago.
Who knows I wasn’t there and probably forgot more about geology than I wanted to.

Whether a massive dump of water created the canyon I don’t know. Doesn’t really sound real plausible but I guess possible if a earthquake created a fissure to help aid in erosion at such s quick rate. Especially since the canyon in its entirety is close to 200 miles long and 15-20 miles wide. Sorry that’s the best I can do with my limited knowledge. None of this certainly occurred over a 6k year timeline. It just doesn’t seem to be possible in my not so educated opinion

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I posted earlier, recent Sat imagery said there was evidence of a big lake above where the grand canyon is now.
The land above it was 200' deep under the ocean at one time.
Scientist now think the grand canyon was a catastrophic event vs millions of years of erosion.
Is it proven science? We don't know as that theory is still being researched but the space pics are leading to that conclusion.
We have traveled that area a lot. Evidence of sea fossils are everywhere with the predominate rocks being sedimentary.
The Lord flooded the earth and then it receded and left marks ( lines we see one the sides of the Rio Grande and other places in the world ) and of various colors over hundred or millions? of years. All we really know is we are here and we know who put us here.

Last edited:

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an answer that I believe to be true. The Universe - and therefore the Earth - is around 6,000 years old. I believe God created the Universe - and therefore the Earth - in its current condition, with all the red shifts, vast distances, gravity, physics, even some fossils - all that stuff - taken into His consideration according to His design. Obviously, I don't believe the Universe was born 13 or 14 billion years ago in some sort of "big bang" and we sprouted out of the ooze a few hundred thousand or even millions of years ago.

As an example, I proffer what came first, the chicken or the egg? Chickens come from eggs, and eggs come from chickens. And, too, there is the fertilization requirement for fertilized eggs to produce chickens. Ergo, both sexes of chickens had to come first, and that can only be as a result of being created.

Regardless of what one believes how we and our universe all came about, the unwavering, steadfast ground rules had to be established. We call those ground rules the laws of physics. Nothing happens that does not comply with those laws. All hail the Author of those laws!

Woody

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think body and soul. As for spirit, I believe one must earn, develop, and employ it for themselves.

Woody
God made man in his own image, body, soul and spirit and if God made man then would He not strive to make it perfect in his image? I think it is what we do with this Mortal Body that really counts as we strive for perfection like Father in Heaven. Good and Evil walk amongst us and Father gave us our Free Agency to make the choices we make either Good or Evil. he gave us a true path with the Ten Commandments. As Jesus Christ said "Come Follow Me". That I do to the best of my ability and I also having failed many times. Not easy is it!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to apply a little logic. When they state that "climate change" (read global warming) will lead to massive weather changes, melting of the polar cap ice, and the rising sea levels, I tend to wonder how a 2 to 3 degree rise in global temperatures over 50 to 100 years will be so catastrophic when temperature changes between winter and summer are so much greater in number of degrees.

Plus, with all the major rivers in the world dumping water into the oceans and have been doing so for "who knows how long", why haven't we been seeing massive rises in ocean levels?
A mean temp increase on earth manifests as more localized temp extremes (hot and cold)
Due to local tides currents and winds as well as the different ways different areas absorb and release heat.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is also erosion. Where do you suppose all that dirt that washes away in our streams and rivers goes? The Mississippi Delta gives us a big clue. The dirt goes to the oceans and settles on the bottom. All that displaced water from the bottom of the oceans being raised has to go somewhere. I tend to think the ocean levels rise as the land gets lower from erosion.

Then too, as ice melts, it shrinks in volume and I've never seen that acknowledged by those climate fear mongers, but as it will get colder like in during the repetitious ice ages, the polar caps will increase and the ocean levels will drop which makes all of the blather moot.

Erosion is a one way street. It won't reverse like ice ages can effect ocean levels and polar ice cap volumes. These all-in-the-know climate fear mongers need to figure out a way to dredge the ocean floors and put that dirt back on the land from whence it came. I know one thing though: It'll never get done with electric dredging machines!

Woody
Eroded soils and rock are part of geochemical cycles, as they erode they are being formed as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom