Scope covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is beating a dead horse, but I am wanting find scope covers for the Nikon and the Redfield scopes I have. I searched the site, but all I find are Butler Creek. I have these on both scopes right now, and they suck, every time I so much as touch the rifles the covers flip up. I don't want to pay $100 for covers, but I'd pay up to $75 for a pair. Even when I google brand specific covers, they send me to Butler Creek. I know there are Vortex for like $50, but not sure if that is each or for a pair. Any ideas?

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I read nothing but good reviews online about the Butler Creeks. Then the rifle I bought had them on the scope, they are flipped open most of the time, so I just thought they were old and worn out. Went to buy new ones at Academy, they do the same thing out of the box, took them back, went to Cabela's to see about different brands. There were 2 guys looking for other types while I was, heard one tell the other one be careful buying the butler, and explained he has had the same issue.

I like the looks and reviews of the Aadmount, plus lifetime warranty, so if they are $100 for a pair, I'll suck up and buy them. Of course if that is $100 for each, I'll just use duct tape on them for covers. I'll never pay over $200 for a scope anyway, so not worth paying the same price for covers as the scope is...

Thank you all for the advice!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
That happens when the covers are too small. I have I dont know how many sets of Butlers and the only ones I ever had that would do that were too small for the scope.
my experience is the same with the scope caps opening if they are too small.
When I buy the them I measure the scope with calibers and I check the chart for the correct size, then I measure the cap before I purchase it.
The downside is, a couple of times I have had to walk down the road looking for the scope cap that slipped off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom