Scope covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the point of scope covers? My hunting rifle doesn't have covers, its either in the safe, a bag, or my lap ready to go. Now I do have covers on my AR scope because they came with it.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the point of scope covers? My hunting rifle doesn't have covers, its either in the safe, a bag, or my lap ready to go. Now I do have covers on my AR scope because they came with it.

To keep the dirt, dust, rain, fingerprints, bugs, ect... off of your lenses of your $800 scope while dragging it through the woods. Or coffee if you happen to drop your coffee cup.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To keep the dirt, dust, rain, fingerprints, bugs, ect... off of your lenses of your $800 scope while dragging it through the woods. Or coffee if you happen to drop your coffee cup.
If mine gets dirty, I just wipe it off with my snot rag. I only need to see out the middle of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't like the butler creek covers. I've lost about every one of them over the years on the objective while walking through the woods. The cheap factory covers with the elastic to hold them in place works better for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom