Scope covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious what others prefer for scope covers, most of my mine have the flip up caps and for some reason I just don't care for them. Just ordered a couple neoprene covers to try out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Combination of the flip up and the dual covers with some stretch cord between.
It's rare that I use either outside of the safe or when riding in the vehicle. I've seen/heard of too many lose opportunities at deer/elk while walking into their stand with the covers on.
Last night in the stand it started sprinkling, so just turned the objective side of the scope away from the rain and tucked the other under my arm to keep the rain off.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use what you don't like, the Butler Creek flip up covers and really like them. There are some other anodized aluminum models out there that look pretty sweet but bring the money.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the rubber ones and the flip ups. Like the hard plastic flips but you can break them if you don't pay attention. The rubber ones with a loop sleeve, do ok, but you need to make sure they don't get in the way.
I like the aluminum (seen them and handled them but never owned a set) but they are pricey.
Well that was four lines of info that gave you no info. Sorry

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the aluminum (seen them and handled them but never owned a set) but they are pricey.
I like Leupold's Alumina flip-up aluminum scope covers, but, as S.F. notes, they aren't cheap. They are the best I've used. BTW, S.F., there was a set of Alumina covers on the 1-4X scope I sold you. If you're not using them, you can send them back to me.:D

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Leupold's Alumina flip-up aluminum scope covers, but, as S.F. notes, they aren't cheap. They are the best I've used. BTW, S.F., there was a set of Alumina covers on the 1-4X scope I sold you. If you're not using them, you can send them back to me.:D
Ha. Have those and the scope on my 223/556 AR Colt and that's where they stay. I'll keep you in mind when I lone mine (mind that is)

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked the price on those. Kinda steep but you get what you pay for I guess. I'm gonna keep my eye on em the closer it gets to Christmas and pick some up. Thanks to the information.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checked the price on those. Kinda steep but you get what you pay for I guess. I'm gonna keep my eye on em the closer it gets to Christmas and pick some up. Thanks to the information.
They are nice. Expensive, yes, but nice. Like the Butler Creek plastic jobs, the Alumina covers flip up. But, unlike the BC stuff, the Alumina covers can then be folded back so they lay flat along the top side of the scope. That way, they are not in the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom