Scope for 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I need some advice. I just traded for a very nice 10/22 that is begging for a good piece of glass. I want to set this up to shoot Prairie Dogs. Before any one says anything, the town that I have access to is at most 125 yard town. So, what are recommendations?

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 22 magnum rifle from Free Trapper here a couple months ago. It came with a Leupold 1X4 (pig plex). Great scope. I have been considering putting that on my 10/22.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently have a Nikon p22 rimfire scope on my 10/22 VLEH, it works pretty well. I’m not super impressed, and the BDC reticule is pretty useless, but it gets the job done. I’m using a leupold VX-freedom 4-12x40 on my 22 bolt gun and it’s great. Super clear, plenty of magnification.

What’s your budget?

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a Nikon p22 rimfire scope on my 10/22 VLEH, it works pretty well. I’m not super impressed, and the BDC reticule is pretty useless, but it gets the job done. I’m using a leupold VX-freedom 4-12x40 on my 22 bolt gun and it’s great. Super clear, plenty of magnification.

What’s your budget?

Honestly, I haven't thought that far. My 10/22 is really just dull black standard model not the target barrel. It's a great looking rifle and I have shot grass rats before with basically the same rifle with a little Simmons scope.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I haven't thought that far. My 10/22 is really just dull black standard model not the target barrel. It's a great looking rifle and I have shot grass rats before with basically the same rifle with a little Simmons scope.
The barrel situation can always be changed, but there’s something great about a 10/22 with a standard barrel. Personally, I like a 3-9x for rimfire typically. I enjoy my vortex crossfire II in 3-9x on a different rifle, wouldn’t think twice about slapping it on my rimfires. A little pricier, the leupold VX3/VX-Freedom scopes are pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom