Scope for an AR 15...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a mepro M21 on three of mine, if its good enough for the IDF its good enough for me.

LZR9PlW.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run everything from small red dots like the Vortex Sparc and Sparc AR to a 4-12 Vortex Crossfire II. Some Spitfires, some variable 1-6 with a quickthrow zoom lever (SUPER handy), some Eotechs and such. It really all depends on the application, but for most I have the ones that don't have a mount just in a simple Burris P.E.P.R. mount. I have never seen the purpose of the super high-dollar mounts like Larue and GG&G, etc.

I don't think you're doing super long range, are you? My 4-12 is on a 24" Wilson bull-barrel AR, but honestly, for the most versatility, I think my Burris AR-223 1-6 with the quick-throw lever is probably the best overall, and it isn't a high-dollar option at all. It's more accurate than I am out to several hundred yards.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you wanting to use the AR for? That will depend greatly on what recommendations you get.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. My AR’s sport everything from a red dot up to a variable 24X Vortex.

My go to for close quarters or quick reaction/target acquisition is a Burris TAC 30 1 - 4X. It has a 30mm tube, so a wide range of view and very bright and clear with a circle reticle w/BDC dots. When on 1X, it is a true 1X so I can operate with both eyes open. With a touch of a button, the reticle illuminates from black to red with adjustable brightness. I’ve got this Burris on the AR I have for HD, one on my 300 BLK pistol and one on my 458 SOCOM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom