Scope shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slickwil

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my Ruger M77 30-06 is on its way from the gentleman I purchased it from in New York. It has a Leupold 2x7 scope with it. I will be replacing it with a upgraded scope for this rifle. It will be used for deer hunting with distances over 200,300 yards. With that said I have a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 Bdc on my Center Icon 308 and this would be my purchase again only if Nikon still made them, burns my buns they don't. I have briefly looked at some Leupolds and Vortex scopes but not sure yet.. My budget is $500 and I do prefer the bdc reticle. You guys got and recommendations? Thanks

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just tested this Redfield out and now it is on sale and I compared it with a handfull of Nikon scopes and a Vortex and let a buddy compare it this evening with his 2.5-10 Nikon and see if his eyes seen it any clearer.
He was amazed at the low light clarity.
I have one on my 30-06 and will go get another tomorrow.
Redfield Rebel 6-24x50 Riflescope | Academy

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go with the Vortex Diamond Back Tactical 6-24X50 with First Focal Plane, adjustable parallax and exposed turrets that can be Zero'd.
I'm a Nikon Monarch fan boy having several on my rifles that I want the best glass on, but as has been stated earlier, they are no longer going to be manufactured.
On another forum while researching what scope to buy for a new 6.5 Creedmoor a member there and here, @diggler1833 recommended this scope.
I had a range day yesterday with the Creedmoor. This scope was clear enough that I could see the hits on paper at 300 yards. Way more scope than the price calls for. MSRP $499.99 for a first focal plane is unheard of at this price point.
I played with it yesterday when needing to make a correction at 100 yards going one click at a time. It tracked perfectly horizontally and vertically.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50-ffp-riflescope.html

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a hunting scope it’s hard to beat that vortex. Glass is pretty good, warranty is great. Also if they weren’t so big and heavy I like my Arken for a budget optic, def outperforms it’s dollar value even compared to the primary arms, vortex, or bushnells that I own.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with the Vortex Diamond Back Tactical 6-24X50 with First Focal Plane, adjustable parallax and exposed turrets that can be Zero'd.
I'm a Nikon Monarch fan boy having several on my rifles that I want the best glass on, but as has been stated earlier, they are no longer going to be manufactured.
On another forum while researching what scope to buy for a new 6.5 Creedmoor a member there and here, @diggler1833 recommended this scope.
I had a range day yesterday with the Creedmoor. This scope was clear enough that I could see the hits on paper at 300 yards. Way more scope than the price calls for. MSRP $499.99 for a first focal plane is unheard of at this price point.
I played with it yesterday when needing to make a correction at 100 yards going one click at a time. It tracked perfectly horizontally and vertically.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50-ffp-riflescope.html
And if he’s a veteran or LE he can purchase it for +/-$300

Latest posts

Top Bottom