"Scorched earth" vegetation killer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the love of your god, use caution when spraying MSMA... Do not spray it through a hose sprayer, wear your PPE. It will straight give you a case of arsenic poisoning if exposed enough to your skin.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When burning lines into our practice football field we use a glyphosate product and increase the recommended mixture concentration. When we do the lines at the end of July, they are still dead come the following March.

Pramitol will also do the trick....used it plenty to knock down unwanted growth along fence lines many years ago.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had great results with this stuff on my fence line. Seems to work faster than round up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-220521_Lowe's.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-220521_Lowe's.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 79

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a mix of vinegar, Epsom salts and Dawn. Just started using it last year but where I sprayed it worked great.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MSMA is back on the shelves at Atwood's (has been since just after Trump took office), and I think one of its labeled uses is lawn care.
It's a new formulation I believe. Not the same MSMA of the old days I was told at the feed store. It was for sale during the obama days as well with restrictions that it could only be used on golf courses, ditches, etc. Not for residential use.
I have a quart of it from the 90's in the shop. It would be interesting to compare the ingredients with today's MSMA to see if it is indeed a different formulation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom