score on lead Not really

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well not excellent score but when I need wheel weights or soft lead I have had to resort to buying it from a scrap iron dealer.
I have paid as much as $1 a lb and many times 80 cents a pound.
Well a guy on craigslist had 160 lbs of soft lead not dirty this is bar and flat pure lead for 100 bucks.
I had to get it. I probably did not need it as I have slowed down on shooting and fishing.
But a bargain presents itself. And it will only get more expensive and scarce.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well not excellent score but when I need wheel weights or soft lead I have had to resort to buying it from a scrap iron dealer.
I have paid as much as $1 a lb and many times 80 cents a pound.
Well a guy on craigslist had 160 lbs of soft lead not dirty this is bar and flat pure lead for 100 bucks.
I had to get it. I probably did not need it as I have slowed down on shooting and fishing.
But a bargain presents itself. And it will only get more expensive and scarce.

I'm with ya, snag it when you can.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the opportunity for me to do more shooting in the future i more than likely have enough lead to finish out my life span, but out of habit i still pick up every piece of lead (no matter how big or small) i find on the roadways when im working. Like the other day was at a intersection working and looked down and started picking up WW's and before i knew it i had filled a 1# coffee can full of lead free for the pickin off the roadway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom