Scout scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For whatever reason my wife will only use her model 94 30-30 to go deer hunting. I want to put a scope on it for next year, so that she can make 75+ yard shots more comfortably. I have a mount that sits in front of the receiver, thus needing a scope with long eye relief.

Do any of you guys use a scout scope in a similar application? What do you use? What should i stay away from?

Im looking at the vortex crossfire II scout scope currently.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
For whatever reason my wife will only use her model 94 30-30 to go deer hunting. I want to put a scope on it for next year, so that she can make 75+ yard shots more comfortably. I have a mount that sits in front of the receiver, thus needing a scope with long eye relief.

Do any of you guys use a scout scope in a similar application? What do you use? What should i stay away from?

Im looking at the vortex crossfire II scout scope currently.

Those are great scopes. Great value for the money and lifetime warranty, glass is clear and nice, some have an illuminated reticle dot if you want it. I've got 2 of them, a 3-9x40 and a 4-12x50, I think. Both highly recommended. I just bought a boatload of new Vortex optics for my ARs, as well. I've yet to find anything to complain about with Vortex.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good weight difference between the two. 7.5oz on the Leupold and 12 oz on the vortex.
Eye relief is about the same.
Im not so sure a 7x or bigger magnification is needed for a 30-30.

decisions decisions decisions

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im following because I am also looking into the same. I have a lever 450 Marlin that I need a lot of eye relief for but will also hold up to the 450. I honestly may just go with a Venom red dot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom