SDA class, whos the best to go to ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife is going to take the class soon and I want some opinions on who teaches the best class. I took it at H&H back in 94 and I got alot out of it from the lawyer. Big Boys in Mustang is offering it too but I dont have a clue if they teach a good class.
I have a buddy who took it someone in Norman and he was done in 4 hours, shes not taking that class.
Thoughts?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The class I took was all of 3 hours. It's format was to get you licensed and out the door.

Went through the worksheet, filled out the answers, shot 50 rounds and we all passed.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give me a 4 hour class from somebody who knows what they are doing rather than 8 hours of "back when I was on the force" stories.

I took the 8 hour course at shoot-n-iron outside Shawnee. I would NOT recommend. The guy is well qualified but too much advertising for his self-defense classes and war stories; not near enough on the legal aspects of carrying nor examples of situations that a person might face

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The class I took was all of 3 hours. It's format was to get you licensed and out the door.

Went through the worksheet, filled out the answers, shot 50 rounds and we all passed.
Where was this, I want to list it as a "hell no".
HH had a criminal defense attorney and he talked for the whole first night on legal stuff. Very informative. the second night he talked a bit more and then we hit the range.

chasegibson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my class at Stillwater Armory in Stillwater, OK. I thought it was very well run and they do a good job of teaching you more than just the basics that are necessary to get your license.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where was this, I want to list it as a "hell no".
HH had a criminal defense attorney and he talked for the whole first night on legal stuff. Very informative. the second night he talked a bit more and then we hit the range.

Around my neck of the woods. You wont make it this far over.

I liked it because I was there to get my license, not to learn. I feel that was on me and did so before I went for my license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom