SDA class, whos the best to go to ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the requirement for the sda class was 8 hours of instruction. Has this changed ?
yes, 8 hours.
Around my neck of the woods. You wont make it this far over.

I liked it because I was there to get my license, not to learn. I feel that was on me and did so before I went for my license.
I'm paying for education, she needs to get it.
I took my class at Stillwater Armory in Stillwater, OK. I thought it was very well run and they do a good job of teaching you more than just the basics that are necessary to get your license.
More interested in a place local to OKC

-DJ-

Marksman
Reaction score
My class is the best (of course).
But, I don't get any complaints since I mostly teach family, friends & co-workers. (keeps the complaint box empty)
-----------------------
To answer the question of the OP I would lean towards H&H as well.
I received my license 18 yrs ago and the place I went to is now long gone but I have sat in on 2 different classes at H&H over the years. I walked away impressed both times.

After carrying for so many years you run into a lot of "what if's and what about that?" and it's nice to get a lawyers opinion.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was convicted on the tax evasion though. I took my class at H&H and really have no complaints, got my moneys worth. As far as length, in previous years it said UP TO 8 hours, it currently states " shall be designed and conducted in such a manner that the course can be reasonably completed by the applicant within an eight-hour period".

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if he is still doing it, but Exsniper, a member here, puts on a great class. I have sat through his three times. Once for myself, once with my wife, and once with my Dad, and I learned something new every time. I highly recommend his class. He did them out of Savage Trading in Yukon.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if he is still doing it, but Exsniper, a member here, puts on a great class. I have sat through his three times. Once for myself, once with my wife, and once with my Dad, and I learned something new every time. I highly recommend his class. He did them out of Savage Trading in Yukon.

I would like to know more about how to contact him.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The class I took was all of 3 hours. It's format was to get you licensed and out the door.

Went through the worksheet, filled out the answers, shot 50 rounds and we all passed.

I'm leaning towards this, how much can you learn even if the whole 8 hrs was on the legal aspects?

The learning part comes with time and reading the book and other info, just my opinion...8)

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is looking at getting hers soon too, saftey first does classes and is close anyone have positive or negative to say about their class

Lost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilshire Gun took about 7-8 hrs.
Legal
Safety/legal
Exam
Shooting
I thought it was a good course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts