SDA defense services

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At a class my wife and I took this weekend, there was a representative of 'U.S. Law Shield' that was allowed to pitch us.

Essentially it was a membership program that is supposed to covered all your legal expenses in the even you use a firearm to defend yourself (or others). The sales pitch was long, and strictly based on fear. A number of folks signed up right away, we were not among them. Despite him saying "this is not prepaid legal" - It sure seemed that way.

I am sure there are a number of companies selling this type of service. To me, the service seems to be a waste of money.

What do you all think?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure about the service. I have not read or heard anything about "US Law Shield" so I am assuming since you and the wife didn't sign up, you thought they were a joke. I do think having a good attorney already in mind and contact info, handy in the event it is needed is wise. If the "US Law Shield" is a joke, I would automatically think less of my instructor that allowed the buffoons come present an infomercial to my class.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think they are "a joke." it's possible that it's a valuable service with a bad spokesperson. Or, it's a valuable service with a good spokesperson and we're not scared enough.

We didn't sign up because, as a rule, impulse buys are usually bad. Except for gum, love the stuff.

Before we spend the money, we were hoping to get opinions from the rest of the SDA community. I've learned that anytime a salesmen pushes you to buy 'now now now' to stop, step back, and think.

thats all.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US Law shield is now in almost all states.

If you have never had to obtain an attorney for a felony or misdamenor charge, then I can tell you it is a horrible experience and very scary.

My experience: I had to obtain an attorney for a felony charge about 12 years ago for another person. 1st attorney i talked to, very nice and impressive individual, after we talked a while with me assuming i was talking to an experienced attorney, i asked him if he had ever tried a felony case. he said 'no, but he would learn on my dime'. Attorneys and doctors 'practice' law and medicine. that means trial and error on your money. the second attorney i talked to, impressive guy, so i asked him if he had ever tried a felony case in front of a jury, he said, 'no but he would learn on my dime'. Third attorney i talked to said that if i wrote him a check for $4000 right then, he would talk to the DA that afternoon as he did not think the charges were valid. Well, i went home and called the District Attorney and explained the attorney's offer. the DA laughed at me. he said, 'sir, this case has to go to arringment which will be tue morning and there is nothing, i repeat nothing, that can stop that process'. i said what about the attorneys offer and was he lying to me, the DA said, 'well, i cannot say anything about that but i would say he was lying'. so i asked what he was going to do about it and he said nothing, no actual crime was committed.

So i finally found an expeienced attorney that said for $5000 he would take me through arringment and prelim and then another $5000 and hourly rate would be needed.

Attorneys that have knowledge to defend you if you ever need one for a gun related charge are hard to find. defense attorneys defend scum all their careers and usually are somewhat jaded characters. But the Self Defense Act is a somewhat new law, and the number of cases that have been tried per the SDA are few but growing. If you get charged with a gun related crime, and this can be as easy as pointing a gun at a would be robber at walmart, then finding an attorney that knows what he is doing is a task. do you have time to find a good attorney? how do you know he knows the SDA and can defend you to the full extend you are entitled to?

US Law Shield in the state of OK offers you a defense attorney with 35 years experience that is a gun guy and knows the SDA.

Defending yourself can be very expensive. Example: a guy got arrested in Texas for displaying his weapon in Pets Mart. Attorney was $6000. You can buy over 40 years of coverage with US law shield for the $6000 (approx).

A guy had to get an attorney for discharging a firearm in city limits and felonious pointing of a firearm. he shot a dog trying to bite him but in the process pointed the gun at a school. retainer was $7000.

As more and more people are getting their OK Handgun License and having guns on them, their exists a possibilty that the use of a gun could result in a charge even if you are not wrong. If you go to jail, and miss several days of work, will your employer keep you. A good attorney that knows the law, can argue during the arrigment that the charge or arrest by the arresting officer was not correct per the SDA and possibly get the charge reduced, dismssed, or help you get a reasonable bail.

If you have never been in criminal court, then you do not know how scary and helpless it feels. My first attorney was a joke and almost got the person i was helping in a trial when the plea was the best way to go. why, becaue i was inexperienced and he knew he could get more money.

Prepaid would try and find an attorney that could help you. they tried to cover many different areas of the law.

US Law Shield only does gun cases. this means that their attorneys get better and better, gaining more experience on one thing, gun law.

with US Law Shield, you can get your money back in 5 days or cancel and get a pro-rated amount back at any time.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US Law shield is now in almost all states.

If you have never had to obtain an attorney for a felony or misdamenor charge, then I can tell you it is a horrible experience and very scary.

My experience: I had to obtain an attorney for a felony charge about 12 years ago for another person. 1st attorney i talked to, very nice and impressive individual, after we talked a while with me assuming i was talking to an experienced attorney, i asked him if he had ever tried a felony case. he said 'no, but he would learn on my dime'. Attorneys and doctors 'practice' law and medicine. that means trial and error on your money. the second attorney i talked to, impressive guy, so i asked him if he had ever tried a felony case in front of a jury, he said, 'no but he would learn on my dime'. Third attorney i talked to said that if i wrote him a check for $4000 right then, he would talk to the DA that afternoon as he did not think the charges were valid. Well, i went home and called the District Attorney and explained the attorney's offer. the DA laughed at me. he said, 'sir, this case has to go to arringment which will be tue morning and there is nothing, i repeat nothing, that can stop that process'. i said what about the attorneys offer and was he lying to me, the DA said, 'well, i cannot say anything about that but i would say he was lying'. so i asked what he was going to do about it and he said nothing, no actual crime was committed.

So i finally found an expeienced attorney that said for $5000 he would take me through arringment and prelim and then another $5000 and hourly rate would be needed.

Attorneys that have knowledge to defend you if you ever need one for a gun related charge are hard to find. defense attorneys defend scum all their careers and usually are somewhat jaded characters. But the Self Defense Act is a somewhat new law, and the number of cases that have been tried per the SDA are few but growing. If you get charged with a gun related crime, and this can be as easy as pointing a gun at a would be robber at walmart, then finding an attorney that knows what he is doing is a task. do you have time to find a good attorney? how do you know he knows the SDA and can defend you to the full extend you are entitled to?

US Law Shield in the state of OK offers you a defense attorney with 35 years experience that is a gun guy and knows the SDA.

Defending yourself can be very expensive. Example: a guy got arrested in Texas for displaying his weapon in Pets Mart. Attorney was $6000. You can buy over 40 years of coverage with US law shield for the $6000 (approx).

A guy had to get an attorney for discharging a firearm in city limits and felonious pointing of a firearm. he shot a dog trying to bite him but in the process pointed the gun at a school. retainer was $7000.

As more and more people are getting their OK Handgun License and having guns on them, their exists a possibilty that the use of a gun could result in a charge even if you are not wrong. If you go to jail, and miss several days of work, will your employer keep you. A good attorney that knows the law, can argue during the arrigment that the charge or arrest by the arresting officer was not correct per the SDA and possibly get the charge reduced, dismssed, or help you get a reasonable bail.

If you have never been in criminal court, then you do not know how scary and helpless it feels. My first attorney was a joke and almost got the person i was helping in a trial when the plea was the best way to go. why, becaue i was inexperienced and he knew he could get more money.

Prepaid would try and find an attorney that could help you. they tried to cover many different areas of the law.

US Law Shield only does gun cases. this means that their attorneys get better and better, gaining more experience on one thing, gun law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom