SDA, HB2612, and Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's not. There is definitive documented evidence of psychiatric issues with various aspects of marijuana use. I'm not saying it is worse or better than alcohol, prescription meds or other drugs, but the truth is, we don't have enough research to truly claim it is safe - nor do we have any real regulation of the products on the market. It's all smoke and mirrors.

I'm not advocating it or blasting it, I'm just saying, it's not the panacea some would have you believe. NOTHING is.

If I remember correctly, the subjects in that study were shown to have pre-existing issues that contributed to their psychiatric problems after long and heavy use of marijuana. Similar to people who are more prone to alcohol addiction, nicotine addiction, etc. The thing that ticks me off is they say this as though a majority of people who use weed will develop those issues. They use it as a scare tactic. Similar to how the anti-2A use one idiot to paint all the gun owners in a bad light.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSBI has always lobbied against CCW in every phase. They were against it in the 90's, against the passage of open carry and against constitutional carry.

Just out of curiosity, do you have documented proof of this comment? The wife and I worked there for 15 years, and in fact, some of our agents asked the wife if she could carry a weapon in her "government car" when she had to go to SE Oklahoma for IT support. Sadly, she wasn't able to, so they told her to stay on major roads and never travel down there after dark.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you have documented proof of this comment? The wife and I worked there for 15 years, and in fact, some of our agents asked the wife if she could carry a weapon in her "government car" when she had to go to SE Oklahoma for IT support. Sadly, she wasn't able to, so they tol uhd her to stay on major roads and never travel down there after dark.

That's funny. People down there think OKC and Tulsa are the dangerous places.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, OSBI cites federal law for use or possession of MJ with a CCW, but the State gives the bird to federal law for the use or possession of MJ, are CCW's federally regulated. Why does the OSBI enforce federal regulations when the State doesn't have too, will an OSBI agent arrest you (under federal regs) for possession and use of MJ?

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, OSBI cites federal law for use or possession of MJ with a CCW, but the State gives the bird to federal law for the use or possession of MJ, are CCW's federally regulated. Why does the OSBI enforce federal regulations when the State doesn't have too, will an OSBI agent arrest you (under federal regs) for possession and use of MJ?
Kinda what I was alluding to about HB2612, Oklahoma CWPs are State issued, approved by OSBI. But OSBI wants you to turn in your weapon permit if you are granted a MM card. Being under the influence of a substance and having a gun on you I can fully understand. Having both cards and being responsible in your decisions in your state seems contrary. Although I make it as an assumption that CWP is contingent upon being able to legally purchase a handgun. Back to 11e again. Contrary, very contrary.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom