Second migrant caravan storms into Mexico:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a story I read a few days ago, Mexico has granted asylum to about 3000 of the migrants. The rest were just insistent on going to the U.S. and not staying in Mexico.
This. Mexico offered and they declined.

International law gives them no right to ask for asylum past the first country they reach after fleeing their own (all countries have to give it if they're the first country). Our laws are more generous, and give them the opportunity, but we're under no obligation.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From The Letter said:
The group’s letter criticized American intervention in Central America. ...

Orlando Hernandez is the president of Honduras. Their letter also asked the U.S. to remove Orlando Hernandez from office.

They abhor our intervention yet they want us to remove their president from office. Is it possible for us to remove someone from office in a foreign country without our intervention? Send them all home and with their significant numbers they can overthrow the tyrannical dictatorship that make their life so miserable. The only support I'm willing to extend them is an official recognition of whatever constituted government of the people, by the people, and for the people they choose that will protect their right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and private property. They may copy from our constitution if they wish.

Woody

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They abhor our intervention yet they want us to remove their president from office. Is it possible for us to remove someone from office in a foreign country without our intervention? Send them all home and with their significant numbers they can overthrow the tyrannical dictatorship that make their life so miserable. The only support I'm willing to extend them is an official recognition of whatever constituted government of the people, by the people, and for the people they choose that will protect their right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and private property. They may copy from our constitution if they wish.

Woody
Psst...those two phrases are from the Gettysburg Address and the Declaration of Independence, respectively, not from the Constitution.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Psst...those two phrases are from the Gettysburg Address and the Declaration of Independence, respectively, not from the Constitution.

Umm - Yes. Those principles, however, existed long before the Constitution was written. The Constitution protects those principles among others. Does it matter who put them into words or when? Besides, there is much more of value in the Constitution those 'migrants' might want to adopt when they go home and free their country from tyranny. That said, it appears they only want a free lunch and I'm wasting my keyboard.

Woody

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Umm - Yes. Those principles, however, existed long before the Constitution was written. The Constitution protects those principles among others. Does it matter who put them into words or when? Besides, there is much more of value in the Constitution those 'migrants' might want to adopt when they go home and free their country from tyranny. That said, it appears they only want a free lunch and I'm wasting my keyboard.

Woody
I know. I meant that as good-natured ribbing. I guess the tone didn't carry well. Mea culpa.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure what our CIA is doing these days, but an operation to investigate the conception, strategy, logistics and financial support of this prolonged incident, and to disrupt it is exactly what they are paid to do .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
7b45c4d0ab870abfd370aed1f303d472cf3bd38a0dda411cfa452fa91b084e32.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom