Second Taser Related Death From OKCPD since July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not "assuming" the yogurt killed him, it is using common sense and saying the yogurt was "probably" a factor that killed him. If we use logic like that, can anyone here prove without a doubt that cig. kill?? No you can't, you cannot say that someone might have gotten cancer even if they didn't smoke. My main point is that if this topic was something else it wouldn't get "attacked" like this. When 2 people died after eating meat, people "assumed" there was a factor, therefore they investigated. I mean are we going to take David Hume's argument that nothing can be proven, and there is no such thing as causes??

lastly what is funny is i still believe that tasers are fine for cops to use. I am not arguing against tasers or cops, i am just saying use some common sense and say "MAYBE, when you run electricty through a human body, with preexisting health conditions it could case death"...... let me give you a better example. My father in law has had a heart attack before, he will not go skydiving with me (he wants to) because he is scared it will trigger another heart attack. That is a true statement, it doesn't mean i think skydiving should be banned, but i also believe the people that defend skydiving by saying all the heart attacks/passing out while skydiving are related, is stupid.... likewise i don't think had this man not been tasered he would have died the same day at the same time....

I understand, but it is possible that he could have died from the stress of the situation. We will just have to see what the medical examiner rules in each case.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand, but it is possible that he could have died from the stress of the situation. We will just have to see what the medical examiner rules in each case.

fair enough... but i am saying it seems like people want to defend tasers at all costs... it is this "you can't totally prove" anything logic that got OJ off. But is there a way to seperate "taser" and "stress", i am curious, because i don't know enough about medical to know the answer??

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fair enough... but i am saying it seems like people want to defend tasers at all costs... it is this "you can't totally prove" anything logic that got OJ off. But is there a way to seperate "taser" and "stress", i am curious, because i don't know enough about medical to know the answer??

I am not sure that there is a form of non-lethal force that has been or could be invented that people would not try to argue against its use or take issue with. When someone dies, there will always be questions.

I'm no doctor but I would think the ME would be able to determine whether it was a form of electricity or some other means that contributed to the guys death.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not going to "side" with anyone here, but ease up on the new guy, so far he has stated his point with insults or name calling, hasn't generalized the cops to be "bad people" and does have some proof that it is at least worth discussing. I could understand if he came in saying stupid things, but if X happens and someone dies it is fair to at least discuss that X might have played a factor, and you can insert anything in the place of X, if he posted an article that said "man ate expired yogurt and died", there is some proof (albeit not "without a shadow of a doubt) that the yogurt probably played a factor......... lastly lets not devalue human life, a man (someones son) died...

well put

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure that there is a form of non-lethal force that has been or could be invented that people would not try to argue against its use or take issue with. When someone dies, there will always be questions.

I'm no doctor but I would think the ME would be able to determine whether it was a form of electricity or some other means that contributed to the guys death.
THIS. It isn't that people wan to defend the Taser at all cost. It is that people always drum up a huge to do about the current lesslethal forces used. And most of them don't understand the Taser, or how and why it is used(a la the ACLU). Before this it was OC. Before that it was the LVNR. The truth is the truth is ANY time a person engages in a physical confrontation there is a chance of death. Be it from stress, pre existing health problems, crushed trachea from improper LVNR (rear naked choke), blood clot/ broken bone/ concussion from baton strike, hitting head from falling after getting punched as the Ardmore police officer did last week. The bottom line is **** happens when you party naked. To ASSume that the Taser was a contributing factor in his death before the ME rules is foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom