Second Taser Related Death From OKCPD since July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... No the moral of this story is play stupid games win stupid prizes, cuz if the toad hadn't been beating his wife in the first place none of this would have happened. :disappoin

I agree totally but in that maner you could say that a guy who died in a car wreck should not have been driving that day either.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree totally but in that maner you could say that a guy who died in a car wreck should not have been driving that day either.

I see what you are saying but driving is a socially acceptable, legal behavior (albeit highly regulated). Last time I checked wife beating (thank GAWD :giveup:) was neither socially acceptable nor legal.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lililysdad's post:
Design one. Make it reliable, affordable, and practical.

Your response:
Not a engineer, but the government doesnt require affordable or practical.

His response to your response:
Really? Coulda fooled me, but Ive only been doing this for a few years.

And this qualifies you to determine when you have administered just enough electricity to incapacitate a person without killing them?

How did you get that he thinks he is an electrician (or executioner) now?:disappoin

bigthumper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell ya I've been hit with OC, Taser & a baton (a wild swing from another officer that hit square in the upper back) and I've also been OC'ed and the dry stunned by a Taser from another officer at the same time after a very long foot chase (and I'm not a small guy and I was way out of breath and I didn’t die) but all in all I'd much rather get hit with the OC & Taser again then to be beat down with a baton.... it took at-least a month or two before for my back didn’t hurt and all of the bruising to go away...

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100's of thousands of people have survived bullet wounds too, does that make firearms non-lethal?

Nice red herring. Where is the proof you spoke of? All you have stated is your distrust for the MEs office, your distaste for 't3h d34dly' Taser and a red herring.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not really. BB touched on it. What he was doing was illegal and dangerous, and he died in te course of that action. I think a more appropriate analogy would be: a man is cooking meth. Said man succeeds in blowing himself up. People say man should not have been cooking meth.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not really. BB touched on it. What he was doing was illegal and dangerous, and he died in te course of that action. I think a more appropriate analogy would be: a man is cooking meth. Said man succeeds in blowing himself up. People say man should not have been cooking meth.

not totally, you have to add, people say meth had nothing to do with mans death.....look i am shocked there is such strong feelings on either side, can someone explain to me both sides can't say.....

(pro taser people) yes, in some rare cases it can contribute to someone's death, but that is something that happens when people don't follow the law

(anti taser people) I wish that our society was better, and although taser my not be the "perfect" solution, i do understand that with the given options, this is the best approach and just like anything in life it is not perfect, but it is the best cards we are dealt....

so in the end both sides agree
1. it can be lethal (in rare situations)
2. it is a necessary tool
3. We (basically) trust the PD's judgement in use of tasers
4. whoever makes a better alternative will give benjamin 10% of the profits!!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice red herring. Where is the proof you spoke of? All you have stated is your distrust for the MEs office, your distaste for 't3h d34dly' Taser and a red herring.

So all analogies are red herrings? Google taser deaths, there is plenty of reports of deaths caused by tasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom