Secret Santa 2018--The Final Chapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may recall that I didn't receive my Secret Santa gift by last Christmas. Via some PM back-and-forth I surmised that it might have been stolen from my doorstep.

Earlier this week I received word that the package had been left in the parcel storage at my apartment's office. I finally had the chance to check on my way to work this afternoon. The result?
ac8625a9685b1661031351fe87daa150.jpg

I've heard it said that you can never have enough guns, ammo, or knives, so I was pleased to see this when I opened the package:
748037a92f77e8b82034b233369765b3.jpg

I'm happy to finally thank my Secret Santa for such nice gifts. However, I'm wondering what the two pennies are for?

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The two pennies signify that the sender would like your thoughts on this matter...…..just my two cents!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The two pennies (coins).....??? Usually the recipient of the knives would give the coins to the gifter. I think. Sooooo that can't be it.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woo Hoo!!!:yelclap::woot::w000t:
So glad that you finally got it. All the back and forth with your correspondence with your Secret Santa really paid off. Looks like Santa was really good to you. Just my two cents. :laugh6:

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
A penny is a customary addition to knife gifts as it is considered bad luck to give a gift that can sever. The blade symbolizes the severing of a friendship or relationship, and since pennies are considered good luck, the superstitious belief is that the penny protects the relationship. Since there were 2 knives hence 2 pennies.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A penny is a customary addition to knife gifts as it is considered bad luck to give a gift that can sever. The blade symbolizes the severing of a friendship or relationship, and since pennies are considered good luck, the superstitious belief is that the penny protects the relationship. Since there were 2 knives hence 2 pennies.
I guess I was on the right track.

Latest posts

Top Bottom