Secret Santa 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Crap I have a great secret Santa!
Never had MRE’s. Lots of K and C rations. Looking forward to trying them.
The hatchet is awesome and something that was really wanted. Even keep it sharp with the tool.

Thank you Santa!

5396770957c81570f36108e5a6668afa.jpg

Well, they didn't give you an omelette with ham, so they must like you!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Crap I have a great secret Santa!
Never had MRE’s. Lots of K and C rations. Looking forward to trying them.
The hatchet is awesome and something that was really wanted. Even keep it sharp with the tool.

Thank you Santa!

5396770957c81570f36108e5a6668afa.jpg

I have one of those pucks. Very handy to have around. It works on almost anything. Axes, machetes, mower blades, etc...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C Rats was Ham and Eggs chopped Eeeeyech!

About the only thing worse was Ham and Lima Beans, known in the Corps as "Ham and Mothers" - one of the most dreaded items to draw. Nothing like opening a can of cold Ham and Mothers' - your cold, stiff fingers struggling to work your John Wayne just so you could slop down the unappetizing contents. Sometimes, they had a sort of greenish tinge to them. I bet some of the old vets in here can back me up on this. The only thing you could do was cover the foul mess with Tabasco and carry on. Having to eat the damn things certainly did put you in a bad mood and make you wanna fight though.

When C-Rats were replaced by MRE's, my personal least desired meal was Frankfurters. They came in a little package that was full of this congealed grease. Some of the guys said it was pretty good lube for crew served weapons though.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the only thing worse was Ham and Lima Beans, known in the Corps as "Ham and Mothers" - one of the most dreaded items to draw. Nothing like opening a can of cold Ham and Mothers' - your cold, stiff fingers struggling to work your John Wayne just so you could slop down the unappetizing contents. Sometimes, they had a sort of greenish tinge to them. I bet some of the old vets in here can back me up on this. The only thing you could do was cover the foul mess with Tabasco and carry on. Having to eat the damn things certainly did put you in a bad mood and make you wanna fight though.

When C-Rats were replaced by MRE's, my personal least desired meal was Frankfurters. They came in a little package that was full of this congealed grease. Some of the guys said it was pretty good lube for crew served weapons though.
My all time fav mre was the meatballs and rice. least favorite was something Chinese. Was it chow mein or something?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was Monday. My son got the mail from the office and messaged me that I received a box where one end was opened--but it felt like there was something in it:
ss1901.jpg

There was something in it, and when I opened it, I found this:
ss1902.jpg

But when I opened it, I found this:
ss1903.jpg

Let's take a closer look at the note:
ss1904.jpg

So, what's in the box and what's the secret of the pen?
ss1905.jpg

What a great Secret Santa gift! I have quite a collection of knives now--but as they say, you can never have too many guns, too much ammo, or too many knives! Thank you to my Secret Santa!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

The ONLY thing on God's green earth that made "C's" palatable was Tabasco.

Never underestimate the creative mind of a bored soldier.

From the article
https://taskandpurpose.com/mre-brief-history-tabasco-became-militarys-favorite-condiment

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was Monday. My son got the mail from the office and messaged me that I received a box where one end was opened--but it felt like there was something in it:
View attachment 149092
There was something in it, and when I opened it, I found this:
View attachment 149093
But when I opened it, I found this:
View attachment 149094
Let's take a closer look at the note:
View attachment 149095
So, what's in the box and what's the secret of the pen?
View attachment 149097
What a great Secret Santa gift! I have quite a collection of knives now--but as they say, you can never have too many guns, too much ammo, or too many knives! Thank you to my Secret Santa!
That's very cool.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ONLY thing on God's green earth that made "C's" palatable was Tabasco.

Never underestimate the creative mind of a bored soldier.

From the article
https://taskandpurpose.com/mre-brief-history-tabasco-became-militarys-favorite-condiment

Same could be said for MRE's as well. Those little tabasco bottles were pure liquid gold. I was sad that they didn't include smokes in the MRE's, but I'm afraid to think what they would taste like with the shelf life MRE's had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom