Security threats - approached in my driveway today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your choice, I understand your point, but completely disagree with you. I think it's very irresponsible as a gun owner, I hear too many stories of "my gun was stolen out of my car/truck" stories. Alarms deter, but don't stop the break in, they will smash/grab and run for the most minor stuff. Your stuff, your choice, just hate seeing more guns getting into the hands of the bad guys, certainly doesn't help build a strong case as responsible gun owners.

agree^^^^^^^, also I park my vehicles in the garage. I had a car stolen from the driveway years ago.

I know everone doesn't have access to a garage....

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can have the local police to sit guard in your driveway and "Protect and to Serve" ......................... oh wait, I forget that it's not the Police's job to protect you from violence, it's to track down and apprehend the criminal after the fact.

I heard it explained best that the police are generally historians. They look at what happened and try and figure it out, that is unless you are the one behind the wheel. But it's the nature of things, it's impossible to prevent someone who is bent on causing trouble from doing it if they don't care about the punishment.

The only time I leave my weapon in my truck is when I have to go into the post office. Then it's generally in the console with my wife sitting there. If I had to leave it constantly I would probably get something made to bolt into the console and either have a lock or some sort of trap system to open it. But my alarm is just a simple one, my stereo isn't worth much and putting much more of an alarm in it would be overkill.

As far as someone walking up like that especially if I was in a hurry it would have been a simple, "Hey, I'm busy. If you want to talk go call a 900 number." I try to be cordial but I'm not exactly the nicest person in the world when I am busy and if you seem untrustworthy I can be downright rude.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come to my house as a stranger, uninvited, and you will be talking to a guy with hand in his pocket the whole time. I won't be playing pocket pool. I don't like strangers on my property. I am cordial, and usually don't run people off too fast. I have found that if you are not rude they are more likely to leave you alone.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
agree^^^^^^^, also I park my vehicles in the garage. I had a car stolen from the driveway years ago.

I know everone doesn't have access to a garage....

Yeah, but it's amazing how many people park their $35K cars in the driveway because their garage is stuffed with a few hundred bucks worth of crap they don't need, but can't let go of...

Latest posts

Top Bottom