See All Open Sight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you should ask about these sights.
I was at a 22 rifle shoot yesterday and one of the guys had these on his Ruger Precision Rifle/22LR. He wanted to see if it was any better than iron sights. The longest distance they were shooting was 180 yrd. After shooting he decided he didnt gain any advantage with the sight. I looked at the sight, it was the crosshair type. I did not care for it myself but he was going to work with them a little more to see if anything improves.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems kinda slow to pickup the sight picture. I wonder if it's just because they were looking through a camera to aim the pistol.
Man, I don't know. It reminds me of a bow sight I once had with a level on it. Was tedious to make everything line up correctly, especially in a hurry. Don't know if I'd like one of those or not..

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MrGunsnGear did a review of this a few years ago, he seemed to like it. I’ve found that he’s one of the reviewers whose opinion I can trust because my likes and dislikes already aligned closely with his before I started watching his videos.

zcruse

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one on an AR pistol build with the T reticle as opposed to the triangle reticle. There is a short learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it’s basically like a reflex dot w/o batteries. It holds ~4” group at 50 yds standing offhand (not too bad considering my poor eyesight and the ergos of AR pistols...) As for eye relief, it can be mounted anywhere on the rail - mine’s at 5”. All in all, it was definitely worth the $99 I paid for it 2-3 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom