Seems to be a few conflicts on the channel lately or I just noticed a few.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who takes the internet personally shouldn't use the internet ... that's my opinion ;)
Yes definitely no tone of voice...I miss the old Yahoo "fight" rooms...My buddy and I used to drink beer and get in one of those and listen (they had chat and voice). It was better than Netflix by far!

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes definitely no tone of voice...I miss the old Yahoo "fight" rooms...My buddy and I used to drink beer and get in one of those and listen (they had chat and voice). It was better than Netflix by far!

I am not certain people have thick enough skin for the old Yahoo or MSN chat rooms . Those places were the wild west of the Internet .

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not certain people have thick enough skin for the old Yahoo or MSN chat rooms . Those places were the wild west of the Internet .
Not politically correct...can you imagine today? Yahoo is a woke company and were democrats even back then...yet they allowed all the hate speech to go on LOL.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not politically correct...can you imagine today? Yahoo is a woke company and were democrats even back then...yet they allowed all the hate speech to go on LOL.

Well social media has a way of amplifying what you want to hear ... People drink their own kool aid too much and wonder why they're living in Jones Town all the sudden

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am usually a trouble maker without trying to be. I think I avoid that here by not really jumping into discussions. 8-9 years ago I was pretty active. Now? I read a few threads and check the classified session a couple times a week. I would like to do more but just don’t have the energy to fight with strangers anymore.

I blame the 2000 election for all of the hostility. I’ve been involved with politics to some degree since I was 8 years old. Right and left used to get along. The only people that anyone talked bad about were the people that didn’t care and didn’t pay attention to the world. But then we had hanging chads… and it seemed at that point the world shifted. Now if someone doesn’t view the world exactly like you do they are an enemy. I guess I’m just old, but I miss being able to have a discussion without everyone being called some kind of “ist”. The world really is more fun when you have the debate instead of a fight.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am usually a trouble maker without trying to be. I think I avoid that here by not really jumping into discussions. 8-9 years ago I was pretty active. Now? I read a few threads and check the classified session a couple times a week. I would like to do more but just don’t have the energy to fight with strangers anymore.

I blame the 2000 election for all of the hostility. I’ve been involved with politics to some degree since I was 8 years old. Right and left used to get along. The only people that anyone talked bad about were the people that didn’t care and didn’t pay attention to the world. But then we had hanging chads… and it seemed at that point the world shifted. Now if someone doesn’t view the world exactly like you do they are an enemy. I guess I’m just old, but I miss being able to have a discussion without everyone being called some kind of “ist”. The world really is more fun when you have the debate instead of a fight.

I blame 8 years of Obama for dialing up the strife to level 10 with his constant getting on TV talking about the racism when it had mostly been gone and we were pretty well integrated as a society.

I lived through the end of the civil rights era effectively , there was still some things in the 70's when I was a kid and then the 80's it was mostly sorted out , by the 90's people really didn't give it much thought . The anointed one and his community organizing roots made a point to create as much friction as possible.

Before he got in were there some bumps in the road yeah Rodney King , and OJ but for the most part things were fairly well normal .

Everything the progressive does is designed to point out a difference and shine a light on it no matter what it is .

Latest posts

Top Bottom