Seiko Bullhead - Complete Rebuild - Full Video Finally Uploaded!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey OSA,

The next video on my watch repair channel is finally done. This one is a Seiko Bullhead, which is an iconic watch from the 70's. One of our well-known members is an owner of a spectacular Bullhead in amazing original condition, and I recently was given the opportunity of getting it brought back into service. It really motivated me to get one of my own done, so that started the process of getting the watch in this next video rebuilt. I bought it on eBay and the seller ended up being a dishonest POS, but it ended up making for a better video because so much work was put into this watch to bring it back. Have a look if you'd like. If you enjoyed the previous one I posted a few weeks ago, I really think you'll like this one because it goes quite a bit deeper into the details than any of my previous videos.

For the owner of the infamous OSA Bullhead watch, the watch in this video is the exact same model as yours, with the only difference being the color. If you watch this video, this is the same work I ended up doing on yours.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it. It is basically a full feature film, being nearly 90 minutes long. Put your feet up and get comfortable before watching!

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll watch it tomorrow as I was the crash test dummy on bullheads and you did an incredible job to bring mine back to life!
Thank You!
Haha!!! That's funny! Actually, I was the crash test dummy. I worked on my own dual register chronographs before I would take a crack at yours. If I'm going to mess one up, it'll have to be mine and not someone else's. The only difference between the first one I did and your watch is that yours was a Bullhead, and the first one was a standard watch with the pushers on the right side of the case. Internally there were identical.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking good. I've not watched the whole video, but I did skip through to a place or two, just to see how well your new Nikon and macro lens did with the video. Those seem to be working right well for you as well...

...I did find it a bit ironic when you went to do something and a "spring-like" thing shot over a few inches.

I believe I've heard of other springs going off to other places here on OSA.

Which is why I don't work on my own stuff.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t wear watches. I don’t know anything about watches. But man I enjoyed the heck out of watching that video. Very cool! Thanks!
Wristwatch revival got me into watches and Adam Ain't helping.... Now I need to go find me a Bulls head LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom