Selecting an Eotech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For any electronic sight, choose one that uses a battery that is easily available and hopefully not over expensive. Some electronic sights have solar panels built it to assist.

Do some research before you purchase eotech. They got in some trouble with the military for defective sights and tried to ignore the complaints. They may have cleaned up their act by now, but do your research.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That definitely cost them, too. I've got three, though. I don't use and abuse mine, and they all work. I don't need SOCOM tested and approved, but it is nice if you can afford it.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all holographic sights are created equally. I have had a lot of Eotech and now prefer Mepro21 sights (battery not necessary).

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a few EOTechs in the past and loved them. I prefer the D1 reticle over the A.65. It's just easier for me to get on target and seems bolder than the A.65. I like Trijicon ACOGs as well but they're quite a bit pricier.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold my eotech's too a few years ago. Always thought they were good sights, though I had to send one back twice for a fuzzy reticle. Started buying Holosun micros. They were cheap back then.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do some research before you purchase eotech. They got in some trouble with the military for defective sights and tried to ignore the complaints. They may have cleaned up their act by now, but do your research.

The sights weren't defective. They got nailed for claiming their sights don't have the same problem every other red dot, holographic or even Iron sights have. Agreed, there was deceptive marketing and that is what did and should have cost them. L3 did make a change a couple of years ago that was said to significantly reduce the problem but nothing can truly eliminate shift caused by temperature changes. ANY sight is going to shift as the barrel expands and contracts due to temperature. Leave any weapon with any sight in your 125 or 25 degree car then try your best to tell me the weapon isn't going to be a little off from where it was at 65 degrees two mornings ago when you doped it in.

The question of Eotech vs Aimpoint vs Trijicon vs whatever else out there really comes down more to what do you like. I try to stick with Eotech for speed or Aimpoint for their insane simplicity and battery life. If I didn't have three kiddos at home or just had to buy a new Washer and Dryer I'd probably have an ACOG too. LOL

What I WILL NOT DO is run anything made in China. PERIOD!

If I was on a really tight budget, I'd lurk on every board, armsist etc. for a used US made optic. I see them all the time for $299

The only issue I have with Eotech or any other red dot is my astigmatism. Aimpoints look like a star and the center 1 MOA dot on an Eotech looks like a figure 8 to me. That's how I actually found out I have an astigmatism. If you have this issue you can test for astigmatism by flipping up your rear BUIS and the problem will likely go away. My new glasses completely resolved that issue and my shooting got tighter in all areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom