Self defense or handgun carry related gun blogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another blog I've enjoyed reading. Revolver Science

He has a great post about permit carry classes that I agree with.

The Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit Class…AKA you are now safe to load, unload, and carry around a pistol. And that’s about it…

"TAKE HOME:

A permit class isn’t training…a permit class isn’t practice. A permit class is the bare minimum information that state bureaucrats think you need to be able to safely load, unload and carry a pistol, in legal locations, in the state in which you reside. If you want to actually LEARN how to use that gun, you’re going to need training. You don’t have to look far on this site to find great places to train, that will actually prepare you for what you will really encounter on the streets and parking lots of America. Even if you think you, “know all there is to know,” about defensive pistolcraft, shooting under the supervision of a competent instructor who can see things you cannot, relative to technique, is invaluable. I highly recommend you seek out competent instruction…getting the, “paper,” is just a legal hoop you have to jump through!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom