Self Defense Or Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure most everyone has seen this video by now, if you haven't it is embedded in the Branca's breakdown of the incident.

A quick breakdown (as I now know it ), a woman went into a NYC bodega to buy a bag of chips, she didn't have money to buy the chips and clerk wouldn't give them to her and she got mad. The womans boyfriend came in and went behind the counter and pushed the clerk down. The clerk got up and pushed past the boyfriend, the clerk then picked up a knife and stabbed the boyfriend to death. The DA has charged the clerk with 2nd degree murder. Supposedly, and I say again, supposedly, the girlfriend stabbed the clerk in the arm after the clerk stabbed the boyfriend, as of now the girlfriend has not be charged.

I know most here don't nerd out on legal analysis so for Brancas breakdown of the video skip to 2:20:00 - 2:48:00.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think when a young man attacks an older guy in a situation where he would fear for his life, it would be justified. The girlfriend should be charged.
The girlfriend should be charged with both attacking the clerk and the death of her boyfriend. She created and encouraged the entire situation.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it means anything, just something I find interesting.

I looked up Amiri clothing, it appears a t shirt like the one Simon was wearing is in the $300.00 to $400.00 price range.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude died for a single serve bag of potato chips and an empty EBT card.

No offense, but Wrong. Dude died because he attacked someone that wasn’t going to take a beat down.
We all know the perp was about to have punched the old man, knocking him down and then would repeatedly quick him in the head, leaving him brain damaged or dead. Seen this played out way too many times.

Sadly state lines dictate here. In Oklahoma he’d probably be walking free. In NY, he offended protected people and must pay with his time for most of the rest of his life. Hope he survives prison.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense, but Wrong. Dude died because he attacked someone that wasn’t going to take a beat down.
We all know the perp was about to have punched the old man, knocking him down and then would repeatedly quick him in the head, leaving him brain damaged or dead. Seen this played out way too many times.

Sadly state lines dictate here. In Oklahoma he’d probably be walking free. In NY, he offended protected people and must pay with his time for most of the rest of his life. Hope he survives prison.
I think he was just saying the young man decided to get all confrontational and escalate a situation to the point he ended up losing his life over a bag of chips and an empty EBT card.

The old man had every right to believe he was in grave danger due to disparity of force.

Latest posts

Top Bottom