Self Defense Or Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the clerk being elderly, e.g., protected class, in NY a person has to be 65 years old so no protection there.

According to the Daily Mail article the girlfriend won't be charged as she is seen as protecting Simon from Alba's attack. This falls in line with Brancas thinking that the incident will be seen as two separate fights. The first with Simon attacking Alba and the second with Alba attacking Simon.

This is similar to the Micheal Drejka incident. Drejka was pushed to the ground by Markeis McGlockton, with much more force than Alba, Drejka drew a pistol and fired killing McGlocton, Drejka was charged and convicted of Manslaughter and sentenced to 20 years.

The prosecutor is catching a lot of heat for his decision to charge Alba, even NYC Mayor Adams is saying the DA is wrong. According to the NY Post George Soros contributed 1 million dollars to DA Braggs campaign, so DA Bragg has a big decision to make, who does he piss off.

Last edited:

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure most everyone has seen this video by now, if you haven't it is embedded in the Branca's breakdown of the incident.

A quick breakdown (as I now know it ), a woman went into a NYC bodega to buy a bag of chips, she didn't have money to buy the chips and clerk wouldn't give them to her and she got mad. The womans boyfriend came in and went behind the counter and pushed the clerk down. The clerk got up and pushed past the boyfriend, the clerk then picked up a knife and stabbed the boyfriend to death. The DA has charged the clerk with 2nd degree murder. Supposedly, and I say again, supposedly, the girlfriend stabbed the clerk in the arm after the clerk stabbed the boyfriend, as of now the girlfriend has not be charged.

I know most here don't nerd out on legal analysis so for Brancas breakdown of the video skip to 2:20:00 - 2:48:00.

She tried to use an EBT card and it was declined. She demanded the chips, clerk refused her entitled ass and shenanigans ensued.

GutsonBorglum

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is NYC but I don't see this going to court. Obviously to any reasonable, rational person this was self defense. That is not why this won't go through the court system in my opinion. It will not because the clerk is hispanic and elderly. This was a working man defending himself. This man will generate so much sympathy from hispanics that the backlash against black privilege (safari rules - if you are in the jungle and get eaten than it is your fault) will be substantial. The juice won't be worth the squeeze.
This was an easy call. They have already dropped charges. It could have gone differently but the clerk seemed to have a lot of local support (family & friends), is hispanic and elderly. If he had been white than he would probably still be in jail. White yuppies are among the few that will say, "maybe he should have just let them take the stuff". I have lots of respect for a 61 yo that can still get the job done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom