Sellier & Bellot Factory Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A real 9mm? What's an unreal 9m then?

I used to buy S&B 10MM 180 Gr FMJ to feed my G29; it was only ;like $15 per box, fairly hot stuff and always ran great.
Basically ALL the cheap bulk pack 115 grain 9mm out there these days. Rem, UMC, Blazer Brass, Blazer Alum and WWB are known widely to be underpowered and won't run in some guns like H&K.

S&B is cheap, but I've never heard them talked about being weak. All of it that I've shot bears that out too. I think that's what he was talking about being "unreal" 9mm.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, guns like the Glock 19, S&W M&P and Shield, Walther PPQ, and so on aren't considered to be real 9mm pistols...mmm'kay. To each his own, I suppose. Funny then how so many troops carried a polymer gun in combat...I kinda like that some of my guns run just fine on whatever cheap range fodder I can buy and feed them with. But then, I do have some polymer firearms too. In fact, when I leave the house this morning, I'll trust my life to one of them. Oh, it will be loaded with premium ammunition, in the case of this gun, it's mags are filled with 124 Gr Gold Dots. But, when I take it to the range, it runs fine on about anything I give it, and I like that.

Back to S&B; even though it's cheap, it has run fine for me in both 9mm and 10mm. And as I stated earlier, it is fairly hot in the 10mm offering, not nearly as hot as the ammo I carried, but enough so you knew you were shooting something a little more powerful than an unreal 9mm, like the Glock 19, even if the Glock was running Win Nato 124 gr for instance, which is supposedly about 10% hotter then their WWB.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i currently have 200 boxes of S&B 6.8 SPC. it's good ammo and their brass is some of the best for reloading. i also have several thousand pistol, 1911 types, rounds in 9mm, 45 ACP, keep hoping they'll make some 38 super available. the 6.8 propels a 110gr FMJ slightly over 2700 FPS out of a 18" barrel

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Basically ALL the cheap bulk pack 115 grain 9mm out there these days. Rem, UMC, Blazer Brass, Blazer Alum and WWB are known widely to be underpowered and won't run in some guns like H&K.

S&B is cheap, but I've never heard them talked about being weak. All of it that I've shot bears that out too. I think that's what he was talking about being "unreal" 9mm.
Those cheap bulk packs won't make major loads in USPSA competitions most of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom