Selling AR-15 pistols with a stabilizing brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who has ever used a credit card is on file. Information is power and valuable. Google and the credit card co’s and bureau’s make billions with our spending habits and such. And trust me, there is no anonymity anymore, not here or anywhere. Screen name be damned, lol. Google your screen name and most likely it comes up. So I always caution my friends and folks to not post anti .gov, President , and policy rhetoric. We aren’t as anonymous as we think. Not in a nearly cashless society now.

Again, we have brains and will power to do what we like. I imagine there will be a modification of the brace details but who really knows. The braces were a funky step that clearly circumvented the sbr law anyway.
No they weren’t. They were designed for disabled folks to use on their pistols. Just because some may use them as stocks doesn’t make them one.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, this is patently false. Second time you've stated this and you are wrong as two little boys.
Written in the Stabilizing Brace Final Rule, ATF has concluded that any foreign-made pistols with stabilizing braces would be assembled in violation of 922(r), (as the firearms are retroactively being considered rifles),” the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition said in a social media post. “As such, registration or removal of the brace would not bring the firearm into compliance. According to ATF, this leaves destruction or surrender to ATF as the only available options for foreign-made firearms with braces. This would include imported pistols where the brace was added at any stage, regardless if done by the user or the importer.”

. This is where I got this from. If it’s wrong, then I am wrong and I won’t post it anymore.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No they weren’t. They were designed for disabled folks to use on their pistols. Just because some may use them as stocks doesn’t make them one.
Right., anyway that’s why 40 million or whatever have sold. That’s what they said when they built them, but I doubt the manufacturer was like “omg, we didn’t know anyone would do this”. And has anyone shot a 10.5” ar pistol one handed…it’s not real effective or fun. Believe what you want, but the income generated from the “braces” is millions for our capitalist country. Lol. All about dollars until someone says they can’t do something.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Written in the Stabilizing Brace Final Rule, ATF has concluded that any foreign-made pistols with stabilizing braces would be assembled in violation of 922(r), (as the firearms are retroactively being considered rifles),” the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition said in a social media post. “As such, registration or removal of the brace would not bring the firearm into compliance. According to ATF, this leaves destruction or surrender to ATF as the only available options for foreign-made firearms with braces. This would include imported pistols where the brace was added at any stage, regardless if done by the user or the importer.”

. This is where I got this from. If it’s wrong, then I am wrong and I won’t post it anymore.

You are wrong. The phrase "any foreign made pistols with stabilized braces would be assembled in violation of 922(r)" is misconstrued. What is being referred to as "assembled in violation" is the brace being installed on the foreign made pistol. That is what is "assembled in violation". The pistol itself, assembled in a factory overseas, is not in violation.

In other words, the violation comes when a stabilizing brace is fitted to a foreign made pistol, thus "assembling" an unregistered SBR. Foreign made pistols produced in a factory are not "assembled" by their owners.

Last edited:

Mcpatty2011

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right., anyway that’s why 40 million or whatever have sold. That’s what they said when they built them, but I doubt the manufacturer was like “omg, we didn’t know anyone would do this”. And has anyone shot a 10.5” ar pistol one handed…it’s not real effective or fun. Believe what you want, but the income generated from the “braces” is millions for our capitalist country. Lol. All about dollars until someone says they can’t do something.
Shooting any pistol one handed isn’t really effective, or good shooting technique but one could argue that shooting anything Is “fun” lol

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you see the word "law" anywhere in my post? I did refer to ATF rule 2021R-08F more than once....
No
Did you see the word "law" anywhere in my post? I did refer to ATF rule 2021R-08F more than once....
nope Mr. Mighty Mouse, I didn’t say you did, just pointing out that if it’s not law, the ATF probably have no power to charge you with a violation, doesn’t mean they won’t mess with us, I’d bet good money that a federal judge will side with the citizen and prevent the aft from taking action.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just stating a fact. Regardless of what SB Tactical knew when they designed them, they were originally designed to be used by disabled folks. It doesn’t matter what SB or any of the other manufacturers thought about how they would actually be used. But that doesn’t matter. What does is the fact our tyrannical government is yet again infringing on a supposed right they have no authority to mess with. But I guess that’s ok since these were made to “skirt the law”.

I remember a bunch of comments on here back when bumpstocks were illegally banned. It was the same crap. “These serve no purpose and are stupid. It’s just a way around the NFA”. Even though it wasn’t. Because a bumpstock doesn’t alter a semi auto into a machine gun. I guess a belt loop is a way around the NFA too according to that logic. It was never about the bumpstock themselves, rather, it was about how they were banned. I don’t have any pistols or braces anymore. As you said, they ain’t much fun shooting one handed and even with a stabilizer brace, they still weren’t that fun to shoot. Being shouldered or otherwise.

I am seeing a lot of the same comments regarding braces. Even though I don’t own any, this still affects me. It affects us all. Instead of us always bickering amongst ourselves, how about we actually come together to fight this? The division in this country sickens me.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are wrong. The phrase "any foreign made pistols with stabilized braces would be assembled in violation of 922(r)" is misconstrued. What is being referred to as "assembled in violation" is the brace being installed on the foreign made pistol. That is what is "assembled in violation". The pistol itself, assembled in a factory overseas, is not in violation.

In other words, the violation comes when a stabilizing brace is fitted to a foreign made pistol, thus "assembling" an unregistered SBR. Foreign made pistols produced in a factory are not "assembled" by their owners.
Thanks for clarifying it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom