Selling AR-15 pistols with a stabilizing brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"easier to just comply if there’s nothing to hide….."
Dude, where's my country?

Joe
& it has nothing to do with us having nothing to hide.
I'm a law abiding citizen, & have nothing to "hide",
But I don't want this f&@$#): government in my way & in my life more than it already is.
Complying with & signing away your rights cause of their overreach is not going to work for the majority of us.
They are dangling a carrot in front of you in the way of a free tax stamp (which they don't have the authority to do) hoping you will follow. & it saddens me that so many of you are.

"All we ask is to be let alone."

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
From ATF final rule 2021R-08F, Section V, subsection B, "Options for Affected Persons", 2nd paragraph:

"To transfer an affected firearm to another individual after the date this rule is published [Jan 31, 2023], it must be registered in the NFRTR, and the individual must submit and receive approval on an Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm, ATF Form 4; otherwise, the transfer is a violation of the NFA (see 26 U.S.C. 5861 (e)."

The NFRTR is the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record. To date, more than 641,000 SBRs are registered in the NFRTR.
Don’t think it can get more clear. But it's vague and difficult to understand.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Complying with & signing away your rights cause of their overreach is not going to work for the majority of us.
This is amusing to me. So, what are you gonna do?
You know the NFA and GCA are law as enacted by Congress and signed into law by a president. The rules within those laws are still laws regardless of what y'all want to say. So that's why I say choose your hill to die on wisely -see post #73.
If one has to make poor choices, STFU and quit telling on oneself. If that's difficult to understand, sorry.

They are dangling a carrot in front of you in the way of a free tax stamp (which they don't have the authority to do) hoping you will follow. & it saddens me that so many of you are.
This is a silly statement. If you already have a suppressor, SBR, or any other NFA items that you have to PAY for a tax stamp, why is this a carrot or why is it that you ID yourself and surrender to the feds? They already "got" you.

"(which they don't have the authority to do)" Actually they do under the purview of the NFA and GCA, especially now that the ATF is no longer a part of the Dep of Treasury, but is part of the Dep of Justice. Go look it up. This is another lie, just like imported pistols are now illegal, being perpetuated.

However, no matter what you decide to do, you should STFU about it, but make sure you have a lawyer and dough if you decide to say FU Uncle Sam! and announce it. lol Good Luck!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just thought of something regarding this whole stupid concept of “constructive possession.” Leaving aside the notion that the ATF is now regulating perceived intent, what happens if you swap out the braced pistol’s barrel for a barrel that is at least 16” long - do they still have a hissy fit over you having a less than 16” barrel lying around?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I just left a pawn shop that had 3 ‘sbr’s’ on the rack. I’m going to talk to the manager, who is pretty up on stuff, to see what he is going to do.
I guess if a pawn shop gets stuck with a brace that they can pull the brace and sell the gun? What if they sell the brace separate? Same guy buys both and takes them home and installs the brace?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just thought of something regarding this whole stupid concept of “constructive possession.” Leaving aside the notion that the ATF is now regulating perceived intent, what happens if you swap out the braced pistol’s barrel for a barrel that is at least 16” long - do they still have a hissy fit over you having a less than 16” barrel lying around?

I just left a pawn shop that had 3 ‘sbr’s’ on the rack. I’m going to talk to the manager, who is pretty up on stuff, to see what he is going to do.
I guess if a pawn shop gets stuck with a brace that they can pull the brace and sell the gun? What if they sell the brace separate? Same guy buys both and takes them home and installs the brace?
Neither situation should be a problem or illegal from what I understand but I'm not an expert on this new rule. I'm sure those that are, will be along shortly to help you out. :D

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Replace the word brace with stock in your questions. The answers become rather obvious. They should have pulled the braces off when the rule became official.

Granted, I don’t understand why people are confused. It’s pretty cut and dry. No such thing as a pistol with a brace anymore. The amnesty is only for those that own them before the rule became official, it does not include transfers.

Those that won’t comply should shut up about it on public forums. Shut up and wait for the lawsuits to resolve, comply, or take on the feds in court.

I’ll register the ones I was going to sbr anyway. Not sure what I’ll do with the rest, holding out a while longer to decide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom