Selling AR-15 pistols with a stabilizing brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's worse than that. That barrel has marks from installation. You could destroy the barrel but there needs to be proof you did so within the 120 day limit, or p&w it and post pics within that timeframe to avoid the bs. It seems this way, I am not a lawyer.
A less than 16" barrel by itself isn't illegal.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”​

― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just thought of something regarding this whole stupid concept of “constructive possession.” Leaving aside the notion that the ATF is now regulating perceived intent, what happens if you swap out the braced pistol’s barrel for a barrel that is at least 16” long - do they still have a hissy fit over you having a less than 16” barrel lying around?
"Constructive intent" ! :)
Funny how people said having an auto sear wasn't consructive intent, but having a three hole lower was c.i., and.......geez, whatever....

Joe

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will post this question one more time for those who don't seem to catch on. If, while digging around in your dead grandfather's old cedar chest at the old home place, you find an unregistered machine gun, do you believe you can just list it in the OSA classifieds and sell it face-to-face in a parking lot?

If the answer to that question is "no", then why do you think you can do the same with an unregistered SBR? All the same NFA laws apply to each, as do all the same penalties. Good luck to you!

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230209_140053_Document Scanner.jpg

Cause I would imagine papi's pea shooter would fall under either #1 or #2 and thus making it a NFA item here in Oklahoma.

delta6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 347458
Cause I would imagine papi's pea shooter would fall under either #1 or #2 and thus making it a NFA item here in Oklahoma.
This only applies to state and local police. If you violate the NFA, the Feds are the problem. There has been one well recognized case with a state preemption on suppressors and the boys are currently serving time in Club Fed. I would not rely an this to shield anyone.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A less than 16" barrel by itself isn't illegal.
You're right, but when did you install it? It was clearly installed on something, it has grease, threads look used, the barrel nut has marks, carbon in the barrel... what did you shoot it from? (rhetorical question)

When did you put it together? When did you take it off? (rhetorical question)

The point is it was, or it wasn't installed on something. If it was installed on something and you still have it in a less than 16" length then it means you might have either made a pistol or sbr.

If the ATF isn't stopped, people will be in deep water and it isn't stopping here. I am not a lawyer, but this is how it seems. This is very confusing to say the least. I'm not sure if following the 4 or 5 things the ATF says to do is actually enough with what they just pulled.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will post this question one more time for those who don't seem to catch on. If, while digging around in your dead grandfather's old cedar chest at the old home place, you find an unregistered machine gun, do you believe you can just list it in the OSA classifieds and sell it face-to-face in a parking lot?

If the answer to that question is "no", then why do you think you can do the same with an unregistered SBR? All the same NFA laws apply to each, as do all the same penalties. Good luck to you!
Not gonna list it here with all of the low ballers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom