Selling graded Coins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to sell graded coins?

My Dad had a large coin collection. Over 200 coins. I have inventoried and looked up values on NGC, PCGS, and Apmex. Some are valuable - others not so much. I can sell them for the silver and gold content and I will probably do that on some. Others are way more valuable.

How do I go about finding a buyer for these? Any help would be appreciated.
Any Morgans?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell us you don't understand free market without actually saying it, lol
Oh, I understand free market and something has a value of what one is willing to give for it but just because 1oz rounds have different stampings on face/obverse doesn't mean 1oz of silver suddenly worth 10x as much TO ME.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to sell graded coins?

My Dad had a large coin collection. Over 200 coins. I have inventoried and looked up values on NGC, PCGS, and Apmex. Some are valuable - others not so much. I can sell them for the silver and gold content and I will probably do that on some. Others are way more valuable.

How do I go about finding a buyer for these? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know anything about coins, but watched a program lately, about 90% silver coins. According to this program, any US, dime, quarter, or half dollar, made before 1964 is likely 90% silver. You can tell by looking at the edge for copper! He said a 90% silver dime is worth about $5.00, a quarter $10.00,. and a half dollar, $20.00 I think. These prices very with the spot market on junk silver, what 90% silver coines are called! I would spend a littl;e time learning about this, before I priced them!

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No Morgan's.

Mostly Silver Eagles graded by NGC, PCGS, ICG, and ANACS. A little gold ($20 coin) and a few others. Two old Owls from 400 BC, some Canadian Silver Maples, and other Misc.

Found an guy at the flea market that was selling coins. 82 yo and lives a mile from my house. I'm going to let him look at a few.

I can research the sites (NGC, PCGS. etc) and get a retail value. I know what most are worth. I expect to get about half of retail.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom