Semiauto Handgun Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the current pieces on the market, in 22LR, what would be your recommendation for a reasonably new shooter? They aren't interested in buying top-of-the-line, so what else is in good standing with you folks?

I know what I like, but I want to give them some other ideas.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a slab side Browning Buckmark. Liked it so much that I bought a second for backup in case the first one ever fails. I flipped the sear spring (Google for detail) to lighten the trigger pull.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I like the Ruger MK IV ( Or I, II, III ) or the S&W Compact for something a little less expensive and less accurate.

I also will be keeping an eye on the G44 to see if that is my next .22LR pistol purchase.

I know what @Timmy59 will recommend. [emoji16]

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally have an M&P compact that I like, but that is the only 22 that I have had in a number of years. I have strongly considered a Buckmark. I had one several years ago and wish I still had it. I hesitated to recommend the Browning, or the new Ruger because of lack of knowledge with either one. I understand the Mk IV is much easier for cleaning. I wouldn't recommend one of the older models to a newcomer for that reason.

Thank you all for the information.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buckmark or Ruger Mk IV I'd say.

Spring flip on the Buckmark gives you a crazy nice trigger for free...Mk IV gives you room to grow with TONS of aftermarket.

Take your pick. Of course, the SW .22 Compact is a fine choice too, as you know. I have a MK IV too though and it is simply great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom